Why is naming so hard?

You all were so fantastic with my first idea. Unfortunately my husband is not getting on board with my idea. boo. So here are the three choices we are considering. Brother: [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and sister: [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Elowyn [name_u]Lou[/name_u] (nn: [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]): I like that it has the wy in it like the other two. And I love the meaning we have found with it. I won’t bore you with that. ha. I am worried that it doesn’t flow with the siblings though and I’m concerned that [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] might be too popular.

[name_u]Stevie[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]: My Dad’s name is [name_m]Steve[/name_m] and this is the name that my husband is balking at. (“We can’t name another kid after your side of the family.”)

[name_f]Carsyn[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] (nn: possible CJ): This one is named after my favorite place (the [name_u]Carson[/name_u] Pass). I think [name_f]Carsyn[/name_f] might go best with the sibling set.

Thank you all. You guys have had such great ideas and input!

I love both [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] and [name_f]Carsyn[/name_f] with [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. Some other ideas:

[name_u]Addison[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Camryn[/name_u] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_u]Kay[/name_u]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u] [name_f]Elle[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Emie[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_u]Teagan[/name_u] [name_f]Lila[/name_f]

What about Eilonwy? It’s more feminine than Elowyn, has wy, and it could be nice nod to your other kids: [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] with wy at the beginning of the name, [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] with wy at the middle and Eilonwy with wy at the end.
There’s fictional princess named Eilowny.

What about [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] rather than Elowyn ? [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] is nice too but would your husband love to choose name from his side, does he have any ideas ?

[name_u]Sutton[/name_u]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but prefer that spelling. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is popular but she could always go by the full name. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is very cute.

A couple others:

[name_f]Gwynneth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Twyla[/name_f]
[name_f]Wynona[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

For the sake of argument, do your children have your husband’s last name? Because if so I feel the ‘not another name from your side of the family’ argument really doesn’t fly! If your kids are carrying on his actual family name, it only seems fair that you’d use more given names from your side?

If that’s the only reason he doesn’t like [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], and you’re really into it, then go for it! I like the [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] Nicks connotations :slight_smile:

Perhaps Elowyn/[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] would suit both your tastes? I also really like [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] for you!

Same question as @cece84:
“We can’t name another kid after your side of the family” - which surname your children have - the one from your partner’s family or the one from your family?

My favorite from your list is Elowyn, I prefer the [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] spelling but can appreciate how it fits with your other kids’ names.

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] is really cute for a nickname. You could use [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] on its own. I also love [name_f]Carsyn[/name_f] but prefer the [name_u]Carson[/name_u] spelling.

My favorite suggestions are…
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_u]Sailor[/name_u]

My suggestions are…
[name_u]Andy[/name_u]
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Dylan[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Shay[/name_u]
[name_u]Skylar[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Thank you so much, everyone! So helpful!!

Oh and yes, we use his last name, which has been my argument, but he’s not buying it anymore. ha.