Why not Claudia?

Claudia is a great name. I have known a few in my life, and the name suits each of them well.

Agreed!

I actually don’t think its the names meaning, mostly its the heavier sound of “clod” which also sounds like a lump of dirt or maybe just the “claw” part.

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f] feels classic and distinct! The meaning might be a little off putting but I don’t think that bothers most people. I say go for it if you like it!

Names like Claudia…

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Alodia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amadea[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhoda[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]

I love Claudia!!! If YOU love it use it!!

[name_f]Claudia[/name_f] isn’t my bag, I think that the ‘claw’ sound isn’t really attractive to me. But that shouldn’t stop you from using a name you love. Part of how people decide what names and sounds they like is hearing them. I don’t really care about meanings of names, I feel like they are likely inaccurate a lot of the time and I feel like the personal references and meanings are much more important than whatever is listed on a website. It’s not a popular name but I don’t think that should matter. Be the change you want to see in the namescape.

I actually know of someone with a baby [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] and have been hearing it more and more on people’s lists, I think it’s a name thats ahead of the trend of kind of clunkier sounding “old lady” names I put it in the same category as [name_f]Maud[/name_f] and [name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
Though when pronounced Cloud-ee-uh I think it may have more appeal

I can see how it’s viewed as a little dated, but I love the sound and think it’s a fantastic name that should be used more. It’s on our top 3 list. I have no problem with the meaning because I didn’t even know the meaning of my own name til I was a teenager, and it means “ewe,” and what does that even mean in relation to a person? I didn’t know the “lame” meaning til I got on nameberry either. I don’t put much stock in the meaning. If y’all love it, I’d encourage you to stick with it. It’s a beautiful name. Good luck!

2 Likes