Why?

Anouk, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]:

These names seem to be very popular on here, and I just don’t see the greatness - YET!!

What about them makes you love or dislike them? How do you pronounce them? Your favorite nicknames for them, if any? Anything to make me love them?

Thank you and have an amazing day! :wink:

3 Likes

What made me like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is the show [name_u]Anne[/name_u] with an E. I’m sort of neutral on it, but [name_u]Anne[/name_u] views it as so magical that her passion for it wins me over.

6 Likes

I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] because they sound regal and dignified, but they both can have fun nicknames like [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], and [name_f]Delia[/name_f].
I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] because the “[name_f]May[/name_f]” sound is so pretty, and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]-y is a darling nickname. [name_f]Eve[/name_f] or [name_f]Evie[/name_f] could work too!

3 Likes

I love the [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of green gables books!!! !!! (I read them yearly lol) and she does love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f] even names one of her children [name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

But for some reason that doesn’t make me love it :joy:

thanks tho!

1 Like

Charlotte sounds like chocolate, its so full and lush and regal. But it’s not so dignified that it’s obnoxious or pretentious. I love its sway," [name_f]Char[/name_f]-lett." It makes me think of [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]’s [name_m]Web[/name_m] and warmth and lace filled cottages. What are your initial impressions? Please be brutal because I am so afraid of name regret.

4 Likes

I think it’s super charming and cute. Vintage and amazing. There is absolutely no reason I shouldn’t love it and I love to see people named charlotte. It just doesn’t have a spark for me personally :blush:

2 Likes

The only ones I like from this list are [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], even though they are a little too fancy for me to actually consider. For [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], I just love the way it rolls off the tounge. It sounds sweet, elegant and gentle. I also know a little girl with this name, and she has the most beautiful blonde ringlets, so I always think of that! [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] feels very posh, but still fanciful, like the queen of some magical kingdom. It also feels like white lace and snow.

1 Like

how?

:wink:
I say it like un-OOHK
and it is nice

How brutal! :joy:

1 Like

An-ook , [name_f]Shar[/name_f]-lot, Sas-kee-uh, Fuh- liss-it-ee, Braw-n-win, [name_f]May[/name_f]-v, Core-dee-lee-uh

I don’t really like any of them either. [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] sounds to regal and is too long for me; [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] the same. I don’t understand [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]- I like it but it doesn’t really work for me. How do you actually pronounce [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]? [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]- just no. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- I like it just seems a bit fancy. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]- probably my favourite, I would use it as a middle name.

1 Like

Anouk- You get the name [name_f]Annie[/name_f]!
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]- It has such a beautiful and classic sound. It was the first girl name I loved when I came to NB. You get the feminine [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and more masculine [name_u]Charlie[/name_u].
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]- [name_f]Sasi[/name_f] is an adorable nickname! It sounds unique yet familiar.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- You get Lyss as a nickname! It sounds cheerful and vintage.
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]- It’s simple, easy to pronounce and pretty! [name_f]Maevy[/name_f] is adorable!

2 Likes

[name_f]Anouk[/name_f] - it has such a unique and distinctive sound (I pronounce it an-nook)

Charlotte - elegant and understated (I love the nn Lottie, Charlie and Otto)

Saskia - sharp, strong and sparky (Kia and Sassy are cute nn)

Felicity - bright, cheerful and sweet (love the nn Lissy and City)

Bronwyn -I adore [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f] -wholesome and warming- but I’m not a fan of [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f]

Maeve-strong, unique in sound, fresh and classic at the same time

Cordelia -love the literary vibe and the meaning (i pronounce it Cor-dee-lee-uh and i like the nn Cora and Cordie)

2 Likes

From these names, I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. The rest, not so much.

Charlotte flows quite nicely in my opinion, and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is equally lovely!

1 Like

The only one out of these I love is [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. It means happiness and is just fun to say :grin:

Charlotte and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are all right. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] sounds regal and fancy to me, and I like the way [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] rolls off the tongue.

Cordelia’s ok. I like the way the ending sounds.

The rest… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ll advocate for the ones I like or love! A lot of them aren’t my taste.

Felicity- This is a very bright name. It’s sophisticated without being at all heavy, and it has a wonderful meaning! It grows with the wearer. I also think it’s pretty easy to pair with firsts or middles.

Cordelia- This name I like well enough, but don’t love. It’s sweetened for me by the Anne of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables connection and the fact that it’s familiar but not overused. It also has a fun rhythm and a good meaning!

Charlotte- This name seems gentle, sweet, and timeless, and nearly every association I have with it is positive. I also love the nickname [name_u]Charlie[/name_u].

2 Likes

Anouk is not really my style, but it is one I can appreciate in the right combo, like @katinka’s [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and @anon68906791’s [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], which are both fabulous!

Charlotte is just a sweet classic, and I would have it on my list if it hadn’t been used already in my family. I think I love how simultaneously simple and elegant it is. That said, it is getting quite popular, which does turn me off to it a bit. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the vibe overall, though.

Felicity has such a bubbly, sunshine-y feel, too it. Maybe because it means “happiness”, but it just exudes bliss for me. :relaxed:

Cordelia is much like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] in that it just has such a sunny vibe. I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] for its elegance, but it still feels so fun and down-to-earth – it’s not stiffly elegant like [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

Maeve is one I’m kind of off-and-on about. Sometimes I like it, other times I’m not feeling it. Like [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], it really depends on the combo. But I think the fact that it’s simple, cozy, and pretty rare is appealing for most people who love it.

I don’t really care for [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] or [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f], so I can’t say why they appeal to other people. Honestly, they are a mystery to me, too. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Out of that list, the two names that I actually really like are [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f].

Felicity is just so happy- even its meaning. Its imagery is a crisp red to me, like the stripe of a candy cane on a brisk winter’s day. It’s delicate and simply perfect! It completes my combo [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] in a way that I love!

Cordelia makes me think of the sea- again, a part of its meaning. I used to be neutral on it but now I’m rereading [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables and the combo [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Sunrise[/name_u] popped into my head and suddenly I love it!

2 Likes

I LOVE [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. With the hard c sound but soft ending and the meaning, I absolutely adore it with a brother named [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. It sounds very regal and elegant as others have said and reminds me of [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] feels very nice when you say it and is also very elegant. Plus I love the nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and it reminds me of princess and the frog.

2 Likes

Lol I am a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. It’s so interesting reading why people love the name.

2 Likes

I am a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] and I go by [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]! Sometimes my partner calls me [name_m]Charles[/name_m] lol!

3 Likes