Wife's Pick For Girl - Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one works best?

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Elaina Mary Johnson: 23 (50%)
  • Elaina Ray Johnson: 15 (33%)
  • Elaina Adeline Johnson: 8 (17%)

I voted [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] because I like [name]Adeline[/name] the best of the options, even though I admit it doesn’t have the best flow because of the back to back a’s. But both [name]Elaina[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] are so pretty! [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Adele[/name] or [name]Adelia[/name] [name]Elaine[/name] are also pretty.

I love [name]Elaina[/name]! My mum is [name]Elaine[/name] too, so I have considered this a lot :slight_smile:

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name] gets my vote for simple elegance. I love [name]Adeline[/name] but it runs together with [name]Elaina[/name].

I picked [name]Ray[/name] because I think a three syllable first name works best with a short middle name.

[name]Ray[/name] is slightly more refreshing than the oh-so-overused one-syllable middle names of [name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name] etc.

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] has the best flow! Very creative of your wife to come up with [name]Elaine[/name] to honor her and her Mom!

[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

I choose [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Ray[/name]. I am a big fan of overly fancy girl names with more grounding short mn.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name]!

Would you consider changing [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name] to [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? I love [name]Mary[/name], but [name]Mary[/name] sounds ever-so-slightly clunky after [name]Elaina[/name]. With [name]Marie[/name], the emphasis is on the second syllable and the flow is so much nicer, IMHO!

If not, I’d go with [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Ray[/name], which is lovely too.

I agree with nyoti (did I get that right?) - [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] has the best sound - pretty and elegant yet still fun! [name]Mary[/name] and [name]Marie[/name] are the same name, anyway…

me, too!

I voted for [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. Though I love [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Adeline[/name], the flow is a bit off as the names run into each other.

Good luck!

[name]Mary[/name] is my mother’s name. She has been battling ovarian cancer for 13 years. She has been given 18 more months by her Doctors, so I think [name]Mary[/name] would be a nice way to honor her. But I do agree that on it’s own merit, it’s slightly clunky.

[name]Ray[/name] was my father’s name and also the name of another influential person in my life. [name]Adeline[/name] was my grandma’s first and my mom’s middle. I think [name]Mary[/name] is the way to go, but I wanted to make sure ya’ll didn’t think it sounded horrible.

Another vote for [name]Elaina[/name] [name]Mary[/name]! (She may also like [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Eleanor[/name]…)

Good luck! :slight_smile: