Wilhelmina.

DH and I were discussing more names today (we have a #1 for each gender but we’re always discussing other options) and I brought up [name]Wilhelmina[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name]. I am falling for it, but he’s still on the fence. I think it’s because of our 9 letter [name]German[/name] last name. I reminded him that our #1 choices on either side are 4 syllable names as well so not to fret. WDYT?

I love the sound of [name]Wilhelmina[/name], the spelling just looks so harsh. Though, I totally understand wanting to keep the original. I think I would use [name]Willamina[/name], myself, though that issue alone is the only thing that’s kept this name off my list.

[name]Wilhelmina[/name] is a great name, especially if she’ll go by [name]Willa[/name] (just easier to deal with, I think).

I bet it’s awesome with your last name, I love when the origin of the first and last name match. What are your other top choices?

Thought I’d suggest [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Adelheid[/name] to you. It’s my fave at the moment, with the nickname [name]Heidi[/name]. [name]Wilhelmina[/name] and [name]Adelheid[/name] nn [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Heidi[/name] would be so old-school [name]German[/name] meets modern spunk. [name]Love[/name]!

I adore [name]Adelaide[/name], but DH dislikes it… although if I keep bringing it up I’m sure he’ll warm up to it. We keep choosing Greek names! Our top girl name ATM is [name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name].

[name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Willa[/name]! Adorable! [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] are great together!

Oh, and my husband HATED [name]Adelaide[/name] at first! And now i think he loves it even more than I do! Sometimes men just take time!