Wilkie

Thoughts on the name [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u]? Is it substantial on its’ own? What would you name a brother to [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u]?

3 Likes

I love it! I personally prefer it as a nickname for [name_u]William[/name_u] or [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], but I still absolutely love [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] as a stand-alone choice. He’s very bright!

I’d name his brother [name_m]Archie[/name_m] or [name_m]Geordie[/name_m].

2 Likes

i think wilkie is so cute! i think he’s perfectly substantial on his own, but if i had to pick a full name i’d go with willem, fitzwilliam or wilfred. i’d name a brother otis, harvey or louis. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] is so sweet and distinctive! I like it best on its own, or maybe as a nickname for [name_u]William[/name_u] in a fun, unexpected way.

I would name a brother to [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] … [name_m]Hank[/name_m], [name_u]Cal[/name_u], [name_u]Rudy[/name_u], [name_u]Bo[/name_u], or [name_u]Jess[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u], I’m a sucker for a W name! I think it’s substantial enough on its own! It feels presidential to me for whatever reason. A longtime coworker of my dad’s had the last name [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u]. I also thought, even as a kid, that it was a great name.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this adorable name! :slight_smile:
It reminds me of Victorian novelist [name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] [name_u]Collins[/name_u].
I definitely think it can stand on its own, or be a short form of [name_u]William[/name_u], Wilkins, [name_m]Wilfrid[/name_m], etc.

1 Like

I’m gonna be the nay sayer and say its a little too cutesy for me to be a stand alone name. But I do love it as a nickname.

(With that being said I think if you’re UK or Aus. based where nicknames are used more often as stand alone names it could work)

1 Like

Wilkie!!! I love it! The form of [name_u]William[/name_u] I like :slight_smile: Literary, cool and zippy and fits with the other nicknamey names that are popular atm.

Some brother suggestions:

[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Marlo[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Ozzy[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Rafe[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Pip[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_m]Len[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_m]Raffy[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_m]Geordie[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]
[name_u]Wilkie[/name_u] and [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]

2 Likes

I love it, personally I’d go with a longer name and use it as a nn for William or…

Inspired options!

Um??? These are perfect together? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I can’t see it as a full name

1 Like

It’s a bit cutesie for me. To my ear, it sounds more like what a toddler might call their older sibling [ie a petname] versus a name in its own right.

1 Like