Will and Kate's Baby

See the results of this poll: Will she have a boy or a girl?

Respondents: 105 (This poll is closed)

• Girl : 70 (67%)
  • Boy : 27 (26%)
  • Twins: 8 (8%)

My friend was sick her entire pregnancy and in the hospital for dehydration twice, we all thought girl because of the old wives tale about morning sickness being worse with girls…nope, she has an adorable little boy.

I’ll guess boy for 100% selfish reasons…if I happen to have a girl in [name]July[/name] it would be fun to have a prince her age around, haha.

My gut feeling is girl.

I am opting for boy too and you will have to wait till the royal baby is born before naming your daughter so that you get a really good nameset for the future royal baby from lineska if she has a boy.

I just want it to be a girl so that’s what I voted for!

I had this instant thought that screamed “BOY!” so I hope it’s going to be a little boy!

I want it to be a girl! :slight_smile: I don’t put any faith in old wives’ tales about morning sickness, I guess it’s fun to think about though.

I think it’s a girl and I’m going to guess they will name her [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Diana[/name] [name]Catherine[/name].

I have had the same condition and I’m having a boy. And everybody I know who has had extreme morning sickness has also had a boy! I think someone somewhere - some “old wife” got her tale completely muddled up!

I’d like it to be a girl but I definitely think boy!

I agree the girl I know who had this condition had two big boys.

The old wives tale is based on one that says when a woman is pregnant with a girl, she’ll be very sick, and worn out looking because the girl is sucking out all of her mother’s beauty.

I think it’s a boy as well, I don’t know why, I just feel like it will be.

I think it’s a boy, and I hope it’s a boy. That generation (of european royalties) are very dominated by the girls, it would be nice to have a few more boys. But really I just hope [name]Kate[/name] will feel better soon so that she and [name]William[/name] can enjoy this time together.

I’ve read that the hormones related to carrying a girl can cause more intense morning sickness, but a friend who was sick for her entire pregnancy had a boy. My doctor also told me that the only thing that kept me out of the hospital was that I’d gained weight prior to conceiving–I lost quite a bit of weight with my morning sickness.

I agree ottilie I hope that [name]Kate[/name] can enjoy her pregnancy without the paparazzi poking a camera in her face every five minutes,and I hope that she doesn’t have the nausea etc for too long.

rollo

I just think girl and did right from the start and I’m positive she’s going to be an [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Eliza[/name].

Supposedly she let it slip today that it was a girl. Could be a hoax though.

obviously people WANT a girl. And if this occurs it will boost the popularity of the monarchy. Twins would also be a success if one was a girl and she was born first. I think two boys would be cool though! like william and harry.

I think it’s going to be a girl.

[name]Just[/name] something interesting too, according to a study, babies resulting from pregnancies where the mother had hyperemesis gravidarum are a tiny bit more likely to be girls as well (something like 55% vs. 45%).

I think it would be really magical for there to be a little English princess! As far as nausea indicating gender, my mom was so sick her entire pregnancy with me that she only gained five pounds. She had a ton of nausea with my sister but compared to her first pregnancy it wasn’t too bad. In general, I don’t put much stock in old wives tales.

There’s another thread discussing this very thing here.

Anyway, I could hear absolutely nothing in that video, only Miss Nosy asking “did you just say my daughter?” or whatever, quite frankly I don’t even think they know what they’re having, and even if they did, [name]Catherine[/name] wouldn’t be so stupid to accidentally let it slip.