Will Isadora become Izzie?

I love the name [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], I think it is so strong yet pretty with just the right amount of quirkiness.
If a nickname were to be used I like [name_f]Zadie[/name_f], and am not too keen on [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] due to the popularity of it thanks to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. (I’m in the UK and while they are lovely names they seem to be everywhere!)
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think an [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] would automatically become [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] at school and amongst friends? I think if so this would be a deal breaker for me, so would love to hear your thoughts!

I don’t think she would become a [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] to schoolmates, but [name_f]Dora[/name_f] could be gorgeous and natural. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is gorgeous anyway so any nn would be lovely.

I think that [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] would very likely become [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or Iz at some point. Personally, I find it a bit odd that parents think they will be able to choose a child’s nickname. It sounds like you’re aware that you might have a preferred nickname, but when your little one goes to school they will likely receive a new nickname.

[name_f]Zadie[/name_f] is very cute, but I don’t see it as a nickname for [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. [name_f]Dora[/name_f] could work as a nickname, and it might be one that would stick and perhaps prevent [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]/Iz.

I’m called [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] (short for [name_f]Isobelle[/name_f]) and I hate it due to popularity. I don’t think [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] would automatically get shortened into [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] if she already had a nickname.

I feel like there’s a chance she might, but there’s also a good chance she wouldn’t. It depends if you’d be okay with that. I think [name_f]Zadie[/name_f] makes sense, she might decide to introduce herself as so and that way [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] could be avoided. But I know how you feel about [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]. I always think it’d be a shame to use [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] but have it hidden by [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]/[name_u]Izzy[/name_u], which would most likely be assumed to be short for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. On a related note, I think there was a younger girl in my school called [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], and her nn was Scooter (I have no idea why) so [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]’s definitely not guaranteed.

People choose their nicknames and until then parents do, so no, I don’t necessarily think [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] is inevitable. People are aware of preferences. I grew up with a [name_m]Johnathan[/name_m] who was NEVER [name_m]John[/name_m] or [name_m]Johnny[/name_m] because he told us once he didn’t like it, so we never called him those things. A friend’s daughter is [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] but her nn is RJ (middle name starts with J) not [name_f]Becca[/name_f]. It’s been established since birth and so calling her something else never crossed my mind. Another friend has a daughter named [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] and calls her [name_f]Millie[/name_f], no one calls her [name_f]Cammie[/name_f] or [name_u]Cam[/name_u]. It wouldn’t even cross our minds. She’s [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. And another friend has a [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] but calls him [name_m]Topher[/name_m], not [name_u]Chris[/name_u]. Sure, school friends might try and call them something different but they are quickly corrected with their personal preference. Establish the nn you want early on and others will naturally follow.

Thank you so much for your replies! You’ve all convinced me [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] shouldn’t necessarily be written off!