"Will Jack" is vulgar?

I asked someone else what they liked better… [name]Jack[/name] [name]William[/name] or [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name] “[name]Will[/name]” and they said that [name]Will[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is “vulgar” and so they would not use [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name]. First of all, his name would NOT be “[name]Will[/name] [name]Jack[/name]”, it would be “[name]Will[/name]” or “[name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name]”. Who is ever called by a nickname and their middle name? Try as hard as I can, I don’t see what is so “vulgar”. And at the very best, I think it is a bit ridiculous. Is this a valid comment or am I being sensitive?
Thanks

It’s not vulgar to me, and I would never have thought about that had you not mentioned it. If you were naming your son [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name] Off, that would be another story, but I love [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name]! (And even if I saw [name]Will[/name] [name]Jack[/name], I wouldn’t think of the sexual term.) I always look for potential teasing issues or double meanings in names, and I honestly didn’t (and don’t) see it here. I’m curious to see what others have to say, but here’s one vote for “not vulgar.”

(Plus, if he ever were to write his middle name on a document or check, he’d write [name]William[/name] J. or [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name], not [name]Will[/name] [name]Jack[/name].)

Good luck!

Thank you! I’m glad it’s not just me. I think you can make something “bad” out of any name, really.

Thank you! I’m glad it’s not just me. I think you can make something “bad” out of any name, really.[/quote]

You are so right, but [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is very handsome.

I agree that [name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is fine!

[name]William[/name] [name]Jack[/name] is definitely fine. I have no clue why they would say it’s vulgar- did they explain what they meant by it?