Will my daughter hate me...

…if I name her Loveday [name]Noelle[/name]?

She’s due on [name]Christmas[/name].

When I first read this name (Loveday) in a book years ago, it struck me as beautiful–so feminine and magical. Most of my friends think it’s terrible; though in fairness, I’m not so keen on their endless Isabelles, Zoes,and Mackenzies.

Thoughts?

If my mother named me Loveday I would be pissed. [name]Noelle[/name] is lovely though.

I agree with the previos poster. If my name was Loveday I would hate my name, and I would give my mom a lot of grief over choosing it. I wouldn’t hate her, though.

I think it’d be a sweet middle, though. [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday is lovely!

I agree with the above posters I wouldnt be too happy.

I possibly wouldn’t hate my mother in that situation but I definitely would not be her biggest fan. I might even think she was making a joke out of me.

As previously suggested [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday would be MUCH easier to live with.

• anon.

I would probably be pretty displeased with my mother if she named me Loveday, but I agree that [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday is lovely. If you really like the sound of Loveday, perhaps you would like:
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Holliday[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]

This website has many names that mean “[name]Love[/name]” or something close: Names that Mean "Love"
A few that I thought had a ring similar to Loveday were:
Amala
[name]Amia[/name]
Cheris
Luvina
Adabel
[name]Asta[/name]

Did you get Loveday from [name]Rosamund[/name] Pilcher’s “Coming Home?” I love that book!
Anyway, it is a bit unwieldy as a name, and I wouldn’t want my nn to be “[name]Lovie[/name]!” My mn is [name]Noelle[/name] and I always get compliments on it!

[name]Noelle[/name] is beautiful, not so much on Loveday. Maybe you can do [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday as the pps said?

I agree, Loveday is pretty but I wouldn’t like that to be my name. [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday is really beautiful.

If my mom named me Loveday, I wouldn’t hate her, but I would definitely hate my name! So much so I would seriously want to change it.

[name]Noelle[/name] is lovely, and it would seem, univerally adored (if this thread is any example of the wider world). Why not go with it?

I wouldn’t use Loveday, even as a middle name. In name choosing, as in husband choosing, it it important to discriminate between love and infatuation. If your feelings for Loveday turn out to be transient, you might have a hard time forgiving yourself for your youthful ardor for this name. I think there might be other names out there that you love as much that don’t evoke just negative responses in others. [name]Dove[/name]? [name]Noelle[/name] [name]Dove[/name]?

[name]Bonnie[/name] made a great point.

[name]Just[/name] thought I’d suggest [name]Noella[/name], in case you hadn’t thought of it. It’s a little more romantic and flowery than [name]Noelle[/name], getting you closer to the feeling of Loveday without it being a strange name. I used to babysit a [name]Noella[/name] and she got no end of compliments on her name.

[name]Noella[/name] [name]Dove[/name]
[name]Noella[/name] [name]Love[/name]
[name]Noella[/name] Loveday

Or maybe [name]Sunday[/name] instead? That’s much more user friendly.

I would not be happy if my name were Loveday and I would have all my legal documents changed to L. [name]Noelle[/name]. I also am not a fan of all the [name]Isabella[/name]'s, zoe’s and [name]Sophia[/name]'s. We can help you find a beautiful name that is NOT popular and has literary connotation.

Yes she will. Unless she turns out to be a hippie or rockstar maybe.

I wouldn’t go there.

I love the suggestion of [name]Noella[/name].

Loveday does not seem like name material . sorry ):

I just want to chime in that Loveday is an actual name with Cornish origins and surname roots. Yes, it is uncommon and, as I said, perhaps unwieldy, but it’s not as crazy as some of the pps seem to think. To me, at least =). But again, I also read the name in a book and it was a very aristocratic character, Loveday [name]Carey[/name]-[name]Lewis[/name], in fact, so I may be biased in it’s favor.

I wouldn’t say HATE, but I wouldn’t be my mom’s biggest fan if she stuck me with the name Loveday. [name]Noelle[/name] is beautiful. Also, there are SO many other names you can choose if you’re trying to have a theme-y [name]Christmas[/name] name.

Hate? No. But, I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable introducing myself as Loveday, especially as a teenager. Loveday is a neat name, though, and I love - no pun intended! - it as a middle name. Now, [name]Noelle[/name] Loveday doesn’t sound wonderful, and as much as a think [name]Noella[/name] is gorgeous, not even [name]Noella[/name] Loveday avoids the pitfalls of a name with too much L in it. Did you choose [name]Noelle[/name] simply because your daughter will be born in [name]December[/name]? If so, maybe something like [name]Ivy[/name] Loveday would be more appropriate. You can still call her Loveday or [name]Lovey[/name] as a nickname, but I’d keep it at that…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

To the previous posters, I did first see the name in [name]Rosamund[/name] Pilcher’s book with Loveday [name]Carey[/name]-[name]Lewis[/name] in Cornwall (such a great story!) It’s also in a cute childrens book called The [name]Little[/name] White Horse. A “loveday” historically was a day of attempting reconciliation between opposing armies.

But I digress…thank you, I do think [name]Noella[/name] is a great suggestion, very soft and pretty. Girl names are so difficult!

Oh, dont beat yourself up about it! If you love it, I’m sure she will too!

Loveday is a [name]LOVELY[/name] name! I think its sooo beautiful! I think some people are just being rude. But, they are being honest with you, so dont get me wrong, people! I know sometimes I can be rude!

[name]Noelle[/name] is beautiful. I know someone named [name]Noelle[/name], and I just love saying it! If you love the name, then name her that!

[name]Love[/name] ya,
xoxoxoxoxo,
[name]Bella[/name]<3!!!

Yes. And if she didn’t, complete strangers would do it for her.

In all seriousness though, my first thought was a stripper or a [name]James[/name] [name]Bond[/name] girl. If you adore it and can’t give it up, middle name it.