Will people make fun of Luna Nova?

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u] is the name of a school from an anime I really used to love. I think it sounds pretty, but will people bully her for the reference? I don’t think many people know it, it is called little witch academia.

I’ve never heard of the anime or the school, but I don’t really watch anime so it’s possible that it would be much more obvious to other people.

When I saw the title of the topic, I actually thought you were asking because of how outer-spacey [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u] is. But I don’t think that’s a dealbreaker.

3 Likes

I don’t think she’s be made fun of! Naturey names are so common now and I don’t think anyone would make the connection. And if she’s into anime when she grows up she will think it’s cool. And if not, it’s just a pretty name! :+1:t2:

I feel like my friend has mentioned that anime to me, but has never mentioned the name of the school - or if she did, it didn’t stick in my head. Unless someone is super into anime, I don’t think it’s a huge deal - I’d just assume her parents were really into space or into modern names!

I highly doubt they would. Kids wouldn’t connect those dots, and adults—even if they did connect the dots and had heard of the anime—would never bully a child for their name, I should think.

Luna Nova is fine! It’s very space-themed, which is the connection I’d make, having never heard of the anime.

Never heard of this reference- I just don’t love outer space mix

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that anime, and I don’t think that she would get teased.

I’ve never heard of [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u] and assumed you were asking because the sounds are so similar. If you love it, go for it.

It’s very space themed, but kids probably would just think that’s cool. Most people won’t make the anime reference.

I don’t remember the reference and I watched the whole of [name_m]Little[/name_m] Witch Academia a couple of years ago! Was [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u] a character?

[name_u]Future[/name_u] generations will almost certainly not know the anime reference or tease her about it. I think you’re overestimating how popular the series is.

I don’t know anything about anime. But [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u], the words, means “New Moon.”

2 Likes

Never have heard of it either and agree with this post.

However, a solidly pop culture reference tends to lose its luster like [name_f]Miley[/name_f], Rihanna-type names, even Brittany… The outer space thing is pretty heavy, almost to the point of - We get it. There are also the two four-letter names ending in -a. Luna/Nova flow

If you love the sound of those two together, disregarding the anime, the outer space/heavy theme, and that it is contrary to a minor rule of making combinations with good flow, so be it. People choose names all the time disregarding those things.

I’d go with [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Nova[/name_u], for an example. It doesn’t lend itself as easily to the three things that might be deal breakers. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Camille[/name_u] [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_u]Ellery[/name_u] [name_u]Nova[/name_u], something like that.
[name_u]Or[/name_u], I’d choose which one I like better, [name_f]Luna[/name_f] or [name_u]Nova[/name_u], admit it’s for the anime, and save the other for another child. [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_u]Nova[/name_u] make two better potential sisters, my .02, than one combo.