Will she like it?

We know for sure that we like the name (one of the only names we both totally agree on), but we are worried about how our daughter-to-be will feel about it. What do you think about a little girl growing up with the name [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? [name]Will[/name] SHE like it?

Our top choice:
[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Other contenders:
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Bernadette[/name] ([name]Berry[/name])

Your thoughts?

I think [name]Willa[/name] is a lovely name. I’m from [name]England[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] is not at all uncommon. I think it will be a fine name that she will grow up liking. It’s different by American standards, but not crazy different! :slight_smile:

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous! I would love to have that name :slight_smile:
[name]Love[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name] as well but I think [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is absolutely stunning :slight_smile:

I like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but I would go with [name]Bernadette[/name]! It’s so much more of a standout, and she can really make it her own with all the nickname possibilities ([name]Bern[/name], [name]Bernie[/name], Detta, [name]Etta[/name], [name]Bird[/name], [name]Birdie[/name], etc). If I were a little girl (or even as a grown woman) I’d rather have the name [name]Bernadette[/name].

[name]Bernadette[/name] [name]Willa[/name] could work.

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely! There’s nothing embarrassing about it. While you can’t predict whether she’ll ever go through a “I wish I was a [name]Sophia[/name] like everybody else” phase, I’m sure it’s a name anyone would ultimately be happy with.

Thanks for the feedback! It is reassuring to know that people generally like the name [name]Willa[/name]. We are both not into [name]Bernie[/name] as a nickname, so [name]Bernadette[/name] might get the axe.
We are due next week, so it is almost go time! I hope we use the remaining time to get comfortable with [name]Willa[/name].

I agree with you about [name]Bernie[/name] not being the most attractive nickname, personally, and I can’t see a little girl loving the name [name]Bernadette[/name]. However, [name]Willa[/name] is an elegant choice in and of itself, a name that is definitely feminine without being frilly - perfect for a tomboy or a girly girl. It has a unique charm and sophistication that any girl would like, and the classic, simple [name]Jane[/name] anchors the name. When your daughter is old enough to read [name]Willa[/name] Cather’s novels - typical in American schools at least - she will likely relish in the connection to such a wonderful renowned author. Furthermore, though this isn’t a part of your daughter’s generation, an actress by the name of [name]Willa[/name] [name]Holland[/name] - born in the early 1990s I believe - has been seen on such popular and trendy American TV shows as The O.C. and Gossip Girl! I really like [name]Willa[/name], and I think she will, too!

PS It is much more original than [name]Audrey[/name] at this point, and I can see it on a wider variety of women! Best wishes to you!

[name]Willa[/name] has a great sound. It’s short, sweet, easy to say, and memorable. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

My daughter loves the name [name]Willa[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is great!

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is cute, but not too cute and fussy. I personally not like the name [name]Bernadette[/name] for myself.

I’m only 21 and would [name]LOVE[/name] my name to be [name]Willa[/name]!
But none of the other ones.

I would [name]LOVE[/name] to be named [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] more than I can express! If [name]Willa[/name] wasn’t so close in sound to my name, I’d use it in a heartbeat. I think it’s elegant, timeless, warm, and distinctive, and I love that I don’t hear the name very often (if ever).

I think it’s amazing!

Good luck!

What a beautiful name! [name]Willa[/name] [name]Jane[/name] flows so perfectly together.