Will these initials be made fun of?

I love the name [name]Beatrix[/name] for a girl, however, a friend just pointed out that her last name will start with an M… so her initials would be B B M (middle name my last name, last name my husband’s last name). [name]Do[/name] you think she’d get teased a lot and get called BM (like bowel movement, ugh) It didn’t occur to me but now I’m worried.

I dont know why anyone would ever even think of that, honestly.

I don’t think so… I mean, what little kid is going to know what BM stands for? I didn’t even know… I think you are over thinking it… My fiance’ has the initials: BS, and he wasn’t ever really made fun of. Because kids don’t know what BS stands for until high school and by that time they are more mature… my fiance’ was never made fun of. I pointed it out once I realized it and asked if he was ever teased and he said no, but people did point it out…

Nope. Over thinking on this one I think.

There was this one time a few years ago when I was watching the Suite Life of [name]Zack[/name] and [name]Cody[/name], and there was some joke about the initials BM. People were laughing and I was like ‘What?’ I was in seventh/eighth grade at the time and I didn’t even know what BM stood for :slight_smile: It might just be my ignorance for not knowing what BM meant until middle school, but I have never ever seen someone get made fun of for initials. Absolutely nobody pays attention to them because when are they ever brought up anyways?

Eh, I agree that they probably won’t get teased for it like some initials, but I’m not sure I’d want my initials to be BM.

I really can’t see this being a problem, I didn’t understand the problem with the initials until you explained them! I wouldn’t let it worry you :slight_smile:

Nah, I’ve known people w/ weird initials (A.S.S., B.S.) and they never seemed to get teased. Plus it won’t be her last name forever probably :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would not do it. My mother is in the health industry. I was assigned a school ID code or whatnot for my email and it was csbm… and all i thought was BM every time I emailed. Buuut, that is my personal experience with that.

Also, great evidence that it is important to bounce names off of other people! So that points like this can be surfaced, even if it turns out to not really be an issue.

I wouldn’t associate BM to anything… go for it.

I would not give those initials to a child…gross