Willa, and how to honor Victor

What are your opinions on the name [name]Willa[/name]? Any middle name suggestions? I really love [name]Willa[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], but I don’t know if I’m want to use [name]Daphne[/name] as a middle name or save it for a first name.

Also, besides [name]Victoria[/name], are there any other names I could use to honor [name]Victor[/name]?

I didn’t like [name]Willa[/name] that much but lately it has been really growing on me! I’ve always liked [name]Willow[/name] and it is very similar so it seems only appropriate that I would start to like it. :slight_smile: I think it would really age well with a girl from young to old.

[name]Victor[/name]… hmm… yes [name]Victoria[/name] is all I think of too!

Maybe [name]Victoire[/name]?

I thin [name]Willa[/name] is a lovely name! DH and I considered it for one of our twins but we found others we liked better. I know a girl named [name]Victory[/name], maybe that would appeal to you :slight_smile:

I sort of like [name]Willa[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]/ [name]Willa[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] or [name]Willa[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] but maybe [name]Willa[/name] [name]Tori[/name]? Only ways I can think to dissect [name]Victoria[/name] is [name]Victoire[/name], [name]Ria[/name], [name]Toria[/name], [name]Tori[/name], [name]Victory[/name], [name]Toya[/name]…since [name]Victor[/name]/[name]Victoria[/name] mean “victory/courageous” names that also mean some form of it:

[name]Bernice[/name] “victory bringer”
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Coline[/name]
[name]Deborah[/name]
[name]Nicole[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Nikita[/name]
[name]Nike[/name]

I really like Willa and I think Willa Daphne is beautiful! I, however, would save Daphne for the 1st spot. I love Willa and Daphne as sister.

Suggestions:

Willa Genevieve
Willa Juliet
Willa Beatrice/Beatrix
Willa Josephine
Willa Madeleine
Willa Penelope
Willa Olivia
Willa Eloise
Willa Elise
Willa Odette
Willa Victorine
Willa Charlotte
Willa Antoinette
Willa Evangeline
Willa Violet

As far as honoring Victor, Victoria is the common way, but I guess it depends on what you’re looking for. Do you want a girls name with the Vic in there, or is honoring it based on meaning ok?

Vica
Victoire
Victorina
Victorine
Victoryn
Victriva
Vittoria

Means “Victor/Victory”

Faiza
Jina
Adelvina - ennobled by victory
Berenice - bearer of victory
Colette - victory of the people
Jaya - victory
Kalonice - beautiful victory
Signy - victory
Teranika - victory of the earth
Veronique - bearer of victory

International Variations of Victoria:

Viktorie (Czech)
Victrice (French)
Nike (Greek)
Victoriana (Portuguese) very beautiful

Do you like any of that?

Wow, thanks for the suggestions every one! While I do like some of the ways to honor [name]Victor[/name], [name]Victoria[/name] is still probably my favorite option. It’s not my favorite name, but the meaning trumps a lot of names I love that don’t have meaning! My biggest issue is that most of my girl names end with A, so it sounds kind of off. But I do like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]!

I don’t love [name]Willa[/name] but the combination with [name]Daphne[/name] is really lovely. I also second [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], gorgeous!

I’m positively obsessed with the name [name]Willa[/name]. I don’t like [name]Willow[/name] though (such a creepy movie). I know there are so many star babies named [name]Willa[/name] but I don’t care. No Wilhemina, possible short for [name]Wilma[/name], or just [name]Willa[/name].

For [name]Victor[/name], I like [name]Vittoria[/name] a little better that [name]Victoria[/name] but I love both. [name]Vick[/name] by itself is slightly retro chic. [name]Verona[/name] is neat too. I think [name]Victory[/name] on a girl could be sweet.

Cheers!

˙·٠•”:heart: [name]Poppy[/name]

I love the name [name]Willa[/name]! I think it is adorable :slight_smile: