Willa is out now considering Veda

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] ladies!

So a few weeks ago I wrote a post asking for opinions on [name_f]Willa[/name_f] vs [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] was the clear favourite and it solidified my love for the name. We recently shared the name [name_f]Willa[/name_f] with our family and they HATED IT!! They literally said we could not use that name! So obviously that will be the last time we share names prior to baby’s arrival ;)So now we are back to square one.

I recently came across [name_f]Veda[/name_f] (Vay-da) and both my husband and I really like it. I’m leaning towards [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] for the middle name. I would love some input (positive or negative) on this new name! For reference this will be for baby #3 with big bros [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u].

Thanks so much!!

What about [name_f]Vita[/name_f]? Popular here in [name_m]New[/name_m] Zealand.

Honestly I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would be more of a crowd-pleaser than [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Veda[/name_f], but [name_f]Willa[/name_f] just seems a bit more accessible, for lack of a better term.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] has so grown on me. I used to feel that it was too soft/lacked an edge or a crispness, but now I love its soft vintage feel, and i love the reference to [name_f]Willa[/name_f] Cather. Maybe it will grow on them too. What if after all is said in done they say, oh we liked [name_f]Willa[/name_f] better!?

They’ll fall in love with her regardless of her name, though, so choose what you love!

If your family didn’t like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], I can’t imagine them getting on board with [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. I like both, fwiw. The only issue I have with [name_f]Veda[/name_f] is that I grew up knowing an older lady named [name_f]Veda[/name_f], pronounced vee-duh. For that reason, I’d spell it [name_f]Vada[/name_f], to avoid confusion.

Honestly? It reminds me of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars.

Like most of the PP, I think that [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would probably be the safer bet with your family. Tell them to grow up - it’s the name YOU like, and that’s all that matters.

I like [name_f]Veda[/name_f] :slight_smile: It’s more modern feeling to me than [name_f]Vera[/name_f] or [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is very nice together. Great meaning too!

If you two still love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] name her that! They will grow to love it, and honestly she’s YOUR baby not theirs. [name_m]Just[/name_m] tell them you appreciate their input but love the name regardless.

I also agree that [name_f]Veda[/name_f] is a choice that if your family didn’t love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] they definitely won’t like [name_f]Veda[/name_f] any more. I personally like both :slight_smile:

I’ve met a [name_f]Veda[/name_f] (vay-da) and it suited her so well. It reminds me of [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Vita[/name_f], [name_f]Delta[/name_f], etc.

Have you considered a longer version of [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and nn her [name_f]Willa[/name_f]? I personally would use [name_f]Willa[/name_f] over [name_f]Veda[/name_f] or any longer versions. But here are some.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Willamina[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilma[/name_f]

I agree with some of the other berries if you love [name_f]Willa[/name_f], use [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. I also think that if they didn’t like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] they won’t like [name_f]Veda[/name_f]. I like the suggetion of [name_f]Vera[/name_f].
What about [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] or [name_f]Camille[/name_f]/[name_f]Camilla[/name_f] they all share that same sound as [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

Thanks for the input ladies! Yes, I agree, I thought [name_f]Willa[/name_f] would for sure be a crowd pleaser and I was shocked with their hatred for it! This baby is the only girl on my side so I guess my family felt like it would be a group effort to name her.

Their biggest issue with [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is that they thought it was old-fashioned and didn’t go with the boys names. So I do feel like [name_f]Veda[/name_f] is edgier, spunkier, and modern. I do worry about people not responding well to [name_f]Veda[/name_f], but I guess you can’t please the masses ”

You absolutely can NOT listen to your family. I never would have named my kids if I had. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Veda[/name_f]…not much. Your family will get used to whatever name you choose. Again, [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is soft, sweet, and elegant.

Honestly, I prefer [name_f]Veda[/name_f] over [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. It makes me think of [name_f]My[/name_f] Girl but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I would spell it [name_f]Vada[/name_f] because [name_f]Veda[/name_f] could be vee-da.

Essentially, you should name her what you want.

If you like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], could you love [name_f]Willow[/name_f]? [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is, in my opinion, more modern like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u].

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] is beautiful, and [name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a wonderful combo! However, if you love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]… I wouldn’t give it up. I’m sorry your family reacted so negatively, but it’s your choice; and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. [name_f]Veda[/name_f] is just plain Darth.

Use the name YOU love regardless of what your family says. Name regret sucks!

I love [name_f]Veda[/name_f]! I think it’s a gorgeous name. As a bit of a funny coincidence, I used to have [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Veda[/name_f] on my list.

I really like [name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], it’s a beautiful name and I personally like it over [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. Shame about the response you got from [name_f]Willa[/name_f], I think both choices are lovely.

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] is very cool- I love it! It has the same feel as modern spunky names like [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f] etc but it also feels quite 1940s film noir to me because of the movie [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], and there’s the ancient Hindu texts- I really like that mixture of old and new. I’ve always been a fan of the combo [name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

Maybe you’re right, maybe they will appreciate [name_f]Veda[/name_f] as the edgier/more modern choice. Sometimes older generations don’t get the appeal of “vintage” names to younger generations… which is sure to happen when our kids start naming theirs [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] and [name_f]Sharon[/name_f].

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is beautiful.

Thanks again ladies for the feedback! While my husband and I still like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], after having it ripped apart by my family, it’s hard to love it like we used to :frowning:

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is really starting to grow on both of us and I’m actually thinking that maybe this might be the right name after all. I even did the yell test- “[name_f]VEDA[/name_f] [name_f]JULIETTE[/name_f] come here!!” And it still sounds good :slight_smile:

I really like [name_f]Veda[/name_f] (with this spelling only). [name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a great combo! I’m not quite sure how your family will take [name_f]Veda[/name_f] if they didn’t like [name_f]Willa[/name_f], though. When I saw [name_f]Veda[/name_f], my first connection was to the ancient Hindu scriptures (and I’m not Hindu). I agree with the others. Use whichever name you love! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Veda[/name_f] is such a neat name! It reminds me of the little girl from the movie [name_f]My[/name_f] Girl (though it is spelled [name_f]Vada[/name_f] in the movie). I really like it, but do worry that your family may “rip it apart” as well. [name_f]Veda[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a gorgeous name, though.