William Rhys has arrived!

We welcomed our son [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] to the world on [name_f]April[/name_f] 3, weighing 6lbs and 3oz. He’s as tiny and sweet as can be!

His name is not unique, but boy names were difficult! While my husband appreciates only the traditional, I had a more unusual taste. I liked very few he suggested and nearly all my suggestions he vetoed instantly. When we looked at our baby boy though, we both agreed his first name was the classic [name_m]William[/name_m].
We had previously agreed that his middle name would be [name_u]Cove[/name_u], since I’d championed the name for years. But with the arrival of Covid-19, my husband could not get past the association. In the hospital, with the birth certificate paperwork in hand, we spent hours making the last minute decision to give baby boy the same middle name as his father: [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - meaning ardor, passionate and fiery. Now that the decision is made, I see how it becomes both the gentlemen in my life!

We couldn’t be more grateful for a beautiful, healthy little love! Thank you to everyone on nameberry for making baby naming so enjoyable!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your little boy!! I love his name – so classic and handsome. Great choice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Beautiful name.

1 Like

Aww! I love his name! I have [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] on my list! [name_m]William[/name_m] is such a handsome name and I’m sure that it will suit your little man perfectly!

Much love and CONGRATS!

1 Like

@MG1257 thank you!! I may be a little biased, but [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] is gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_m]How[/name_m] wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Although I’m not one for the classics, this really is a lovely combination. I can hear all the love you have for him in your post. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is just :heart_eyes:! [name_m]Uber[/name_m] classic with a sweet, meaningful twist in the middle.

Congratulations @sannahub!

1 Like

Gorgeous names. Congratulations on your new arrival. I love how you just “knew” the right name when you met him.

1 Like

What a great name he has! [name_m]William[/name_m] is one of my personal favorites. Congratulations!

1 Like

[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] has a really, really charming and handsome name! Are you planning on using nicknames?

1 Like

this is so exciting! congratulations and wishing you and your family a safe, healthy journey :smiley: [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] is a wonderful name.

1 Like

Such a handsome, classic choice! Congratulations :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sarahjane1 [name_u]Truly[/name_u] surprised I needed to meet him first, but when you know you know!

1 Like

@UnderTheRainbow We will probably use nicknames, but don’t know which ones yet.
So far we have been using his full first and middle names to get used to them together!

[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] nickname suggestions for him are welcome!

2 Likes

I love the nn [name_m]Will[/name_m]. It’s strong and stable. Definitely one of my faves!

1 Like

Congratulations! He has such a handsome and delightfully meaningful name.

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with cool, classic [name_m]Will[/name_m] IMO!

[name_u]Billy[/name_u], [name_u]Pim[/name_u], [name_m]Liam[/name_m]… I feel like [name_u]Whit[/name_u] could work too. You’ve given him plenty of options!

1 Like

You have so many options! @katinka has mentioned quite a few.

I’d also suggest [name_m]Wills[/name_m], [name_m]Willis[/name_m], [name_m]Wilkie[/name_m], and [name_u]Wim[/name_u].

1 Like

@katinka suggestions [name_u]Billy[/name_u] and [name_u]Pim[/name_u] are adorable, and my first thought was [name_m]Willis[/name_m] (for [name_m]Will[/name_m]iam and Rhys, but [name_m]Wills[/name_m] and [name_u]Wim[/name_u] are also nice choices. I have a soft spot for the old, “grandpa” [name_m]Bill[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] all these! Thank you everyone :blush: