Willow - too trendy sounding?

Hello Nameberries!

My husband and I finally agreed on a name (not pregnant … but it’s not a long way off and we like to talk) - [name]Willow[/name]. I love the naturey feel of it, and I think it goes well with many of the other girl names on our list ([name]Bryony[/name] especially). However, does it sound too trendy? For our top boy name (the only name we [name]EVER[/name] had agreed on up until this point), we [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Henry[/name]. I’m not sure if the classic sounding [name]Henry[/name] goes well with [name]Willow[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any other suggestions that might work (that we would both like)…

I love [name]Willow[/name]! I would consider using it if my husband liked it at all! :slight_smile:

I don’t see a problem with pairing [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. Yes, they are classified in different name groups, but I think that they sound similar - airy yet strong.

To me, [name]Willow[/name] is on the trendy side, and quite different from the classic [name]Henry[/name]. (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Henry[/name], too!) :slight_smile:

What do you think about [name]Willa[/name]? I think it still has a naturey feel, and to me, its vintage style works better with [name]Henry[/name].

I vote for [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. :slight_smile:

I can also see these nature-themed names with [name]Henry[/name]:

[name]Cordelia[/name] (daughter of the sea)
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] (has [name]Henry[/name]'s ending, though)
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (first name)
[name]Violet[/name]

Best wishes to you!

I don’t know if you’ve read it, but [name]Jodi[/name] Picoult’s latest novel ‘Handle With Care’ is about a little girl named [name]Willow[/name], who is very brave and strong, so whenever I hear the name, I think of that character.

I love it and would use it in an instant! I also think [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] make a cute pair :slight_smile:

I love this name too. It’s on my long girl list for no.3 but unfortunately it doesn’t sit well with our existing sib-set of [name]Natalie[/name] & [name]Gabriella[/name].

I would image [name]Willow[/name] to have sibs like [name]Fern[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rain[/name], [name]River[/name], etc.

Thank you for your posts! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Violet[/name] as well … I’m not sure if I can get my husband on board. It is getting popular, but I also love the french [name]Violette[/name] and [name]Henri[/name] which also go well together, and are less common. At least we agree on something … I think that is the first step! Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!