Willow, Willa or Weslie?

About to give birth to my fourth child and really want a girls name starting with W so I can get my W-I-S-H. My three other childrens’ names are (from eldest to youngest) [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]. Have had a lot of convincing to do to get anyone remotely interested in a W girls name and now we are down to the wire. IF we have a boy, he will be [name]William[/name]. Which of the 3 names do you prefer? [name]Willow[/name], [name]Willa[/name] or Weslie?

I am due Aug 24th and believe I am in pre-labour as I type! HELP! Thanks, [name]Rachel[/name]

[name]Willow[/name]!

I’d go with [name]Willa[/name], [name]Willow[/name] seems too “hippie” for your style. What about [name]Whitney[/name]?

[name]Willow[/name] is pretty!

[name]Willow[/name] is my favorite! [name]Willa[/name] is also nice. Weslie feels boyish, especially next to [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]. By the way, I love [name]William[/name] for a boy! Great choices!

Definitely [name]Willa[/name] or [name]Willow[/name]. As a PP said, [name]Willow[/name] is a bit more “hippy,” whereas [name]Willa[/name] has more antique associations.

Usually I prefer [name]Willa[/name] over [name]Willow[/name] but I don’t think I like [name]Willa[/name] as a sister to [name]Isabella[/name] as much. Weslie sounds like a boys’ name, especially compared to [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name]. So of your 3 choices, I vote [name]Willow[/name]. But I love pp’s suggestion of [name]Whitney[/name]!

Good luck!

My vote is for [name]Willa[/name], second choice [name]Willow[/name]. If I heard of siblings [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Isabella[/name], and Weslie I would definitely assume Weslie was a boy. I would be surprised if I met a female Weslie and absolutely shocked if she had a sister with as girly a name as [name]Isabella[/name].

[name]Willow[/name] gets my vote (: good luck!

Another vote for [name]Willow[/name]! I am not usually a huge fan of the name, because I think of her with siblings [name]Rain[/name] and [name]Spring[/name] (too hippy-ish for me). However, it is a beautiful name, evokes grace, and, when combined with the names of your other kids, is a perfect spunky but not too out-there name for a youngest girl! I know a [name]Willow[/name] in her 40’s - she is a professional and her name fits her beautifully.

[name]Willa[/name] is also beautiful, but may be too similar to [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] (if that is her nn). I also think people might instinctively nickname [name]Willa[/name] “[name]Willie[/name]” which is not the best nn!

I like [name]Willow[/name] the best.

[name]Willow[/name]!

[name]WILLOW[/name]! It’s graceful, beautiful, and I believe has transcended its hippy-dippy beginnings. People are taking a new look at all green names, including [name]River[/name], and they looked as fresh as the new century – not like an old pair of 1960s bellbottoms from Antiques Roadshow. [name]Willow[/name] is among the green names most likely to shine with a classic patina. Used by [name]Will[/name] and [name]Jada[/name] [name]Smith[/name] and [name]Michelle[/name] Monaghan.

Conventional naming wisdom is the [name]Willa[/name] is even cooler than [name]Willow[/name], however. If you like being cool, you could take that into consideration.

I’m just not nuts about Weslie in this case (and I would spell it [name]Wesley[/name] in any case). I doubt Weslie will fit in with her classically named sisters [name]Hannah[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name].

If you are open to other W names, there are fellow greenies [name]Wren[/name] and [name]Winter[/name]. Out of [name]Willow[/name], [name]Wren[/name], and [name]Winter[/name], I have to admit [name]Willow[/name] fits best with your other children. A more unusual (and beautiful) green choice would be [name]Wisteria[/name]!

There is [name]Winifred[/name], especially if you like the nn [name]Winnie[/name], and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] ([name]Mimi[/name], [name]Minna[/name]).

[name]Willa[/name] [name]Willa[/name] [name]Willa[/name]! I love [name]Willa[/name]. Plus [name]Willow[/name] is too trendy for you other names, and Weslie is too boyish. Go with [name]Willa[/name].

[name]Willa[/name] is my favorite - [name]Willow[/name] doesn’t seem as classic as your children’s names, and Weslie is definitely too boyish. If the “-lla” endings of [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Willa[/name] are too matchy for you (I don’t think it’s too much, unless [name]Isabella[/name] goes by [name]Bella[/name]), though, my vote would go to [name]Willow[/name].

I vote for [name]Willow[/name]! :slight_smile: Good luck! :slight_smile:

My vote is 100% for [name]Willow[/name]! I agree with pps that at times it can seem hippie, but I don’t think it would at all next to your other children’s names. To me, [name]Willa[/name] is drab and unatractive, but that is just a personal opinion. Weslie makes me think of [name]Westley[/name] from The [name]Princess[/name] [name]Bride[/name]- therefore I could never see it on a girl!

That is so creepy! I just met two sisters named [name]Willa[/name] & [name]Wesley[/name]!
With [name]Isabella[/name], I would say [name]Willow[/name] or Weslie. Try saying [name]Willa[/name] & [name]Isabella[/name] ten times fast!

:smiley:
Iz

Normally I’d say [name]Willa[/name], but I think because you have an [name]Isabella[/name], I’d go with [name]Willow[/name]. It’s not as mainstream as your other kids names, but then again, neither is [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are excellent choices though, but yeah I think [name]Willow[/name], sound wise, is better. I would stay away from Weslie/[name]Wesley[/name] which is a common boys name. I would definitely think, in your set, that [name]Wesley[/name] was male.

I like [name]Willa[/name] and Weslie. [name]Willa[/name] sounds more frilly, so if you like girly names go with that over Weslie. Also, have you ever thought about the name [name]Whitley[/name]?? It’s a bit more refreshing & unique than the name [name]Whitney[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile: