Winifred

Berries,

My husband LOVES [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] but, I’m unsure that it goes with our first daughter’s name [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]? The only other names he’s alright with are:

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]-[name_f]Love[/name_f] the meaning but, not sure on the name.
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]-[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like the sound.
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]-I feel like it’s too much with our last name.
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]-Our last name also starts with a Gw…I’m not big on alliteration.
and
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]-All I think of is the sea witch from [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid.

I like that he favors old fashioned names but, agreeing on anything seems hopeless!

Are there other names that will work better? Help!

I like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] a lot, and I think it’s a nice match with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (matches first initial of LN, but at least it’s not the Gw sound)
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

I also love [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]! [name_f]Agatha[/name_f] or [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] are lovely and would go well with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]

I don’t love [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], but I do like it a lot! Plus, I think [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable, and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be so cute for sisters! The only name I like better on your husband’s list is [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], which I truly adore (but feel like I’d never get to use!). I think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] would be lovely for sisters.

Good luck!

[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is nice with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]!

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Danica[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorena[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeanette[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_m]Mathis[/name_m]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

This would not normally be my style but my friend just named her baby Arwyn and they call her [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. I thought that was so perfect. Anyway that might give you another take on [name_f]Winifred[/name_f].

Aw, [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], my grandma’s name! She hated it, lol! But I think it’s cool & love the name [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. She can always go by [name_u]Winn[/name_u] or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] when she’s a teenager if she doesn’t like her full name. I do think [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] & [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] go together, although the second is slightly more “clunky-but-cool” as Nameberry would put it!

[name_f]Agatha[/name_f] - I associate this so strongly with a character ([name_m]Richard[/name_m] Jury mysteries) I can’t imagine it on a little girl!
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]- [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t much like the sound either although I’ve warmed to the name a little bit.
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]- This name always hits me as a little bit too much/trying to hard/over the top - unless it is honoring someone or their heritage.
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]- [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] Gwinnett (or something like that) is too much alliteration even for me!
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] - Yep, Sea Witch. Although if said the British (?) way, URSyoola, it reminds me of a movie I liked when I was little (“Courage Mountain”) and the science fiction author [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] [name_m]Le[/name_m] Guin. Still, you’d have a lot of explaining to do if your daughter ends up liking Disney.

Suggest - [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] and:

[name_m]Augustine[/name_m]
[name_f]Araminta[/name_f]
[name_f]Elvira[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Willamina[/name_f]

I adore [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and love [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] even more! I think [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] sound amazing together!

[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is a romantic, ultra feminine, [name_m]French[/name_m] vintage name. [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is a nice enough but has very different feel-more tomboyish, more British/American or Germanic and not romatnic. The only name on your husbands list that has the same romantic, feminine feel as [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. I think I would be looking at [name_m]French[/name_m] and Italian vintage names to go with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f].

Other romantic, feminine vintage names that I like with [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]:

[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
Allesandra
[name_f]Josette[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]

My husband and I like the suggestion of [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] and [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]! I just wish they had better meanings : /

[name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is wonderful, I love her much!

I didn’t realize how many of you ladies actually like [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]! Maybe it will grow on me for my husband’s sake lol :wink: