Winslow for a girl?

So we are on our 5th baby girl and every name seems stale to us. His top names are [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and Nanouk my top names [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. We are meh on each other’s names. This is our last baby and we wanna go out w a bang. We both like [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]. None of our other girls have unisex names in fact they have very fem names. Except one goes by nickname [name_u]Bo[/name_u] prob 70% of the time.
What are your thought in [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]?

1 Like

I like it! I think its really pretty and unique!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] on a girl!

1 Like

I quite like it!! [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is sweet nn!

1 Like

Winslow is cute, I like it! A name with a similar sound that I’ve recently become a huge fan of is [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], which could have the nickname [name_f]Annie[/name_f] or [name_u]Lee[/name_u]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a suggestion, though! [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is pretty!

1 Like

To me, it’s sweet and romantic. If you both like it, go for it!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] on a girl, it has a way more feminine sound to it in my opinion xoxo

2 Likes

It’s cute and I do really like it, plus I prefer it on a girl. However, I’m not really a fan of the meaning of burial mound or the ‘slow’ at the end. Obviously this is just my opinion, I still like the name and think it’s pretty.

Other ways to get nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]:

Winona
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f]
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]

I love it so much and I’m dying to see someone use it for their little girl!

1 Like

Winslow is sleak and pretty! I like it

1 Like

It’s okay; I prefer [name_f]Winslet[/name_f].

1 Like

Winslow is so cool! It’s [name_u]Willow[/name_u] with a little more zest. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable, and if I remember your set correctly (vaguely…) I think it would be a wonderful fit!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Winslow[/name_u]! It’s definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. We even discussed it for our little girl. To me, [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is more feminine and sweet sounding. [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is a great added plus.

1 Like

I love it so much! [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is such an adorable nn, too!

1 Like

It’s not my cup of tea, but I definitely think it could work for a girl. The only issue, imo, would be if it really sounds off with your older daughters’ names. Still, [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable! If [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] is the name you both love most, you should go for it!

2 Likes

I agree with @elanorelle however I think the nickname “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]” will tie it in with the more feminine names in your sibset.

1 Like

While I personally prefer [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] on a boybbecause I associate the name with the painter [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] [name_m]Homer[/name_m], it is technically a surname and so any gendered interpretations of the name are highly subjective rather than being based in etymology.

I also think it’s a name that honestly works fine on anyone and I do love the nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].
There are other names I prefer to get to that nickname, but there’s nothing wrong with [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] and the fact that you both like this choice makes it worth strong consideration.

1 Like

Winslow is great! And [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is adorable!

1 Like

I like it. Also like [name_u]Windsor[/name_u] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f].

1 Like

I think it’s a good choice! I wouldn’t be put off by the sound - it reads quite feminine to me anyway, but I think even as a unisex name, it works just fine. It’s a lovely name, and you should go for it!

1 Like