Winter - am I crazy?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] lovelies,

Suddenly crushing on [name_u]Winter[/name_u] with middle possibly [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. I normally don’t like many noun names and I almost never like nature names - but this one feels different to me. Am I just sleep deprived? Is this a nice name? DH surprisingly is on board. Not pregnant yet but always thinking about trying for our second…

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] is amazing. I like a lot of word names, but I don’t usually like them on real babies. I don’t like season names except this one. I know 2 [name_u]Winter[/name_u]'s, one boy and one girl. I think it’s beautiful, not too put there, has the great nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or just [name_u]Win[/name_u] even though I’d use the full name. The images it conjures are icicles and frost, ice skating, hot chocolate by the fire, cuddles and snow angels and laughing in the yard with your children. I love it.

Winter Eloise has a very nice flow. It’s sweet. :slight_smile:

I love it as a middle name, or a double middle. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is darling.

I love it. I wasn’t brave enough to use it myself but love it and would love to meet a [name_u]Winter[/name_u].

You are not crazy at all!!! [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a fantastic name. I just love it!! Although I would use the full name and not the nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] ( [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh ) .

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is very charming & elegant combo. If you love it I say go for it.

I have a niece named [name_u]Winter[/name_u], and while I was put off when I first heard it, it’s grown on me, especially with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] as a nickname. However, I’m not sure it flows too well with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]…

I think it’s a nice name. I like [name_f]Summer[/name_f] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] - obviously not together though. Hahaha.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is a darling combo. I’m not much for noun names either, but I like this. The nickname [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] is also very appealing.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far!!! It is really growing on me and may be at the top of my list now. Super excited that DH likes it too - that never happens. I am open to other suggestions for a middle besides [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], although I do like [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together. I think something nice and feminine to counteract the somewhat masculine “ter” ending…
Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here (definitely getting ahead of myself here…) but I can’t imagine naming a sister to [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. Obviously it couldn’t be anything noun-y or nature-y but would it seem weird with just a “normal” sister name…?

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is indeed an adorable combo!

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] is one of my favorite girl names. The sound, nickname potential ([name_f]Winnie[/name_f]), and imagery makes me love it. The only test I’m not sure if it passes is “would I want it to be my name?”… not sure (it may be hard for someone shy like myself). I love it for first and middles depending on the situation.

I love the name… I think it’s beautiful.
Personally, I am not that brave and I would use it as a middle. But I am supportive of using it as a first

I adore the name [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. If I had the courage, I would name a girl [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Reverie[/name_f]. Thank the gods I’m not very brave, eh? It’s such a beautiful name.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is absolutely stunning and I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]!!

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] should be nms but I love it especially as a middle name paired with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I just love the image I get from it. It feels serene and peaceful to me. I love [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] seems to be getting a lot of love on Nameberry recently.

I really dislike [name_u]Winter[/name_u] as a fn, a friend of the family has a daughter named [name_u]Winter[/name_u] and it seems so out of place to be calling an adorable, spunky blond [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

I love it as a middle, but wouldn’t use it as a first. I feel like it’s more romantic as a middle, more subtle.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] or [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] would be my picks.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] is gorgeous.
Btw [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is the best boys name out there. So i think you have excellent taste :wink:

I don’t mind it as a middle name but I can’t see it as a first name at all. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a season, I can only just about tolerate summer and autumn as names. I don’t see the appeal personally.