Winterelle

I’m thinking about Winterelle instead of [name_u]Winter[/name_u]! What is your opinion? Isn’t it too fairy-tale?

I definitely think it sounds made up. I don’t know if that does or doesn’t bother you.

Yeah, sounds too fairytale to me. Sorry.

It sounds a bit like you like the name [name_u]Winter[/name_u] but wanted to make it more ‘girly’. I think it’s a bit of an unnecessary addition, [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is lovely.

It sounds like a mouthwash or a chewing gum.

To me it sounds rather too twee and fanciful, like the name of a character in a children’s fantasy book.

Is [name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Roselle[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] can exist, then this could be fine. But it’s still too fanciful for me.

I like it! I think its pretty. A nice variation on an already pretty name without having a crazy spelling! If feels unique without trying to hard. Im into it.

It’s very pantomime. Very loud and does sound made up. Sorry.

I seem to be in the minority, but I like it. It might work best as a middle. I don’t think I’d call it usable as a first, honestly. But it is pretty!

I agree with @wandsworth, it sounds like a brand name :frowning:

I dont like it at all. It looks like you’re just trying to be different with the name but it’s not appealing. I think [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is just fine.

Reminds me of Cottonelle toilet paper brand. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is so crisp and lovely, but Winterelle is too cutesy.

I think you should just stick with [name_u]Winter[/name_u].

It sounds like a name out of [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings–very elfish and fanciful and not very usable.

I don’t mind it but prefer [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. All names started somewhere and many are ‘made up’, eg elle added on to something else, so that doesn’t worry me. In my family tree I’ve come across a Petternell in the 1600s. I love it! A girl [name_m]Peter[/name_m] variation of which there were many in the past such as [name_f]Petronella[/name_f]. (Some are current such as [name_f]Pernille[/name_f] in Denmark.) While I love tradition in names, I also love beautiful sounds and evocative images which Winterelle summons.

It seems perhaps a bit much as a first name, but I actually do like it as a long, fanciful middle. It does have a certain old fairy tale charm.

I think it does sound made up, like the name of a fairy tale character. [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is a pretty, feminine name, so I would stick with it.

Yes, made-up-y and fairytale-ish.

This one makes me cringe.

Let me think about why.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] is an English word. -elle is a [name_m]French[/name_m] suffix denoting a feminine name. Mixing name cultures/origins to me is a recipe for tacky names, especially if it’s this obvious. Of course it’s been done, but this one screams “made up” to me. Sorry.