Wolfgang: Usable or Not?

Is [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] usable or is it too much for a child to bear or just too out there?

I think [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is one of those names that will get some stares at first, but is the kind of name that people can get used to fast enough. All in all I think it’s usable enough. And for childhood years, [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] could be a suitable nickname.

I love it too but can’t bring myself to use it. It just seems a little too…serious? Dark? I don’t know why. I would give mad props to anyone else who had the kahonas to use it, however :slight_smile:

I mainly loved it for the nn [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] and just came across [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] nn [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] as a good alternative!

I wouldn’t name a child [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]. I just can’t stop thinking about [name_m]Mozart[/name_m]!
Though, the nickname [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] is awesome! Maybe [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] as a middle name?

I like it. With the nickname [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] or Wolfie when he’s younger it’s very cool. I also like the idea of [name_m]Wolf[/name_m] or [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] as a middle name and maybe something he can grow into as an adult? I know a few wolf gang’s nn [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]/Wolfie both young and old. It always works.

it’s a little to gp for me personally. I think [name_m]Wolf[/name_m]/[name_m]Wolfe[/name_m] would be such a cute nn but I just can’t picture a little boy being named something so grand as [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m]. plus, personally, the gang part ruins it for me.

[name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] is usable, but it takes a serious bad ass to pull it off.

I think it’s usable, particularly if you’re of Germanic descent, but either way. It might get a few comments, but as a whole I think people would find it cool.

I think it’s a bit too pretentious for me to use it, but I definitely think it’s usable.

Usable usable usable! I don’t care what non nameberries say this name is so rich in sound and history! I don’t see any reason why this name can’t be used more often! I would just die in happiness if I met a little [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] ( i might be exaggerating).

I love the old world feel of this name

I like it! As a kid I played a computer game with a child as one of the characters named [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m] and myself nor any other child ever batted an eye. It’s one of the names that adults in your life will really have strong opinions on it and you might get some stares or weird looks but I don’t think that’s a big deal. Kids will probably think it’s a cool name :slight_smile: