Wolfgang's sister, any ideas? (crossposted from Grrrl names.)

I need a follow up name that is just as wonderful as [name]Wolfgang[/name]. We like bigger more traditional names that are unique. I also dig earthy and natural names or historical names. My family is part [name]German[/name]. So we went with [name]Wolfgang[/name] which shortens to [name]Wolf[/name]. His middle name is [name]Orion[/name]. He is named after the first constellation my husband’s now passed father showed him. It is one of his favorite memories of his dad.

Any ideas. We have a middle name sort of picked [name]Elm[/name] or Elms, for the potential new lady. My son calls her butterfly.:smile:

[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Hannelore[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Lisbeth[/name]
[name]Magdalene[/name]
[name]Tabea[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Minna[/name]
Good luck!

My favorite name for you is [name]Psyche[/name]. :slight_smile: It’s from a beautiful myth, means “soul” and apparently has connections to butterflies in Ancient Greek!

[name]Mariposa[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Asteria[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]/[name]Grier[/name]

Adelheid
Adelaide
Seraphina/Serafina
Penelope
Persephone
Anastasia
Luciana
Lucasta
Rosalind
Rosamund
Alys
Rhiannon
Nerys
Ophelia
Astrid
Cordelia
Carina

Is there a significance to Elm/Elms? I’m not loving it, and it actually feels a tad masculine to me. (Which is weird seeing as I like both Linden & Rowan for a girl!)

If it wasn’t for the Elms. you could go with [name]Willow[/name]. I like [name]Journey[/name] as well. Not [name]German[/name] of course but I think [name]Wolf[/name] and [name]Journey[/name] sound cool together.

[name]Wolfgang[/name] [name]Orion[/name] & [name]Freya[/name] Elms