Shiraz
[name_u]Cabernet[/name_u]
Julep
Sangria
[name_f]Mimosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tequila[/name_f]
Bacardi
Hennessey

The one that comes to mind at the moment is [name_u]Patsy[/name_u]. I think it’s a super cute name but I would have trouble naming my daughter “a person who is easily taken advantage of”.

I second the suggestion of [name_f]Ethereal[/name_f]. The meaning isn’t negative, but in my opinion it’s too much to be a name. The sound is beautiful, though. I really wish this one was usable.

I worked for several years in a hospital unit that was essentially rehab for babies born addicted to drugs. These are the most memorable and unfortunate word names I encountered:

Felony (Spelled Phelony)
Threat
Chaos (we had 2 of these!)
[name_m]Zero[/name_m]

Phelony had a brother with a criminal name too but I can’t think of it atm.

Diarrhea would make a beautiful name (but for it’s meaning:D)!

I’ve always thought [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] would be a beautiful name.

Some food names I like

Danissimo
[name_m]Efi[/name_m]
Ezo

I was going to say Rubella!

My husband told me last night that he thinks Mozzarella would be a beautiful name, lmao

Eldritch (one of my favourite words :slight_smile:
[name_m]Bayard[/name_m]
Hiraeth

Nightshade for girls, though it’s technically still on my middle name list, though I did remove it from my first name list for the meaning. It just became a love for me from naming several hundred female spy hero sims that on [name_m]Sims[/name_m] Medieval, as well as naming a character that for a sequel to a book I wrote a long time ago (I haven’t introduced her yet lol) and then it’s [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]'s surname in PJO! Plus the town in the Dead Is… series I believe! It’s not just a dangerous toxic plant to me!
Nemesis as well. I love the goddess and it means “balance” as well. She’s kind of the Greek version of [name_f]Karma[/name_f].
And Resime, pronounced almost exactly like Resume. I misheard [name_f]Renesmee[/name_f] before I read Breaking [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]. At 12 years old I was quite insistent that my first daughter would be named [name_f]Demi[/name_f] Resime [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] C. (old crushes surname starts with C.) I didn’t know until I was 13-14 what a Resume was. Anyway, I know that Resume’s aren’t nasty, but they’re work related so they are to me, lmao.

I was listening to a podcast and the woman kept saying Soviet as “so-vee-ETT” similar to [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and each time she’d say it I was like, “that would be a pretty name!” Lmao. She was from the UK, so I don’t know if that’s the typical pronunciation there but in the US it’s said more like “SO-vee-it” like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f].

Phantom, Nightshade, Macabre, Siphilis (sounds like [name_f]Phyliss[/name_f])

Sword or Wound, Gonorrhea

The meaning is terrible but I’ve always thought Slavery would be really pretty for a girl and cool sounding for a boy.

Evil
Lachrymose
[name_m]Talon[/name_m]
Shrill
[name_m]Craven[/name_m]
Hernia
Verucca
Melanoma
Sinister

I think Porphyria is so beautiful, shame it’s a disease!

I agree with the previous poster who said that Hiraeth would be a nice name. Sadly not usable, but the meaning is beautiful

I like

Alchemy
Belladonna
Obedience
Gravity
Chantarelle
Ethereal
Ashen
Oblivion
Oasis
Tundra
Solstice
Equinox
Mauve
Shendahoah
Taiga
Eureka
Russet

Lovelace, [name_f]Lolita[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] are all names with negative connotations that I love, even if not exactly words on their own