Working on the twin names again.:-)

Hey guys. We had decided on [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] as the names for our twin girls (who will probably be here within the next 2-3 weeks :-)) to go with siblings [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] ([name]Dottie[/name]).

I made the mistake of talking to our mothers and sisters about our twin names and got mixed reactions. While I know you can never please everyone with names, it did get me thinking again.

My [name]MIL[/name] likes names like
[name]Paige[/name],
[name]Morgan[/name],
[name]Avery[/name],
[name]Brooke[/name],
[name]Claire[/name],
[name]Peyton[/name], etc.

My mom likes names like
[name]Annelise[/name],
[name]Grace[/name],
[name]Lavender[/name],
[name]Charlotte[/name],
[name]Violet[/name],
[name]Rose[/name],
[name]Evalina[/name]…

My sister likes [name]Clunky[/name]/Old lady names (she is the only one who likes our names as is)

and my [name]SIL[/name] likes names like
[name]Ruby[/name],
[name]Willow[/name],
[name]Daisy[/name],
[name]Arbor[/name],
[name]Sadie[/name], etc.

My husband and I have a little of all of these tastes. Mine are definitely all over the place and are always changing. While I know that I do not need to please all of my family members, their feedback has meaning to me and I am considering their opinions, since we are all so close.

I could see myself easily naming my daughter the following names:
[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

I know that my family would be ok/like it if I named one [name]Lavender[/name] (Which surprises me) but isnt thought of favorably by many.

I am not crazy about my [name]MIL[/name]'s names, but I don’t hate them either… [name]Just[/name] wouldnt be my first choice.

I know my mother really doesnt like [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name]. She thinks that they are both “unattractive” names, and doesn’t know why I would choose them over names that I also like, like [name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Roselyn[/name], [name]Lavender[/name], etc.

[name]Eloise[/name] was a name that I initially didn’t like, but grew on me. Maybe if I went with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], I would feel more comfortable? But then, [name]Charlotte[/name] is getting very popular.

What do you think?

Picking out our boy names was so easy. We had two names that we absolutely loved and everyone in the family LOVED them too. I want us to feel the same way about our daughters names.

I love [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name], but it’s what you think that matters. I think it’s so important that you’re excited about the names you choose. I’m not a fan of your mother in law’s names, but I seriously love your mom’s and sister’s style (which actually seems very much like yours).

I love [name]Annelise[/name], [name]Rose[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name], and think that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is very pretty. :slight_smile: From these three names, I can best see [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. From your [name]MIL[/name]'s names, I can see [name]Clara[/name] (close to [name]Claire[/name]) with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] (but then you’d have a C theme).

You honestly can’t go wrong with any of the names you’re considering!

Take care! :slight_smile:

What about

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

What I do like about these names is that they do have somewhat of a theme, but not overdone ([name]IMO[/name]), and I like the fact that [name]Matilda[/name]/[name]Adelaide[/name] have both an Australian/[name]German[/name] feel and [name]Charlotte[/name]/[name]Eloise[/name] have a French. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name] was named for his heritage (English/French) and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name] was a combo of family names ([name]Violet[/name] is one of my absolute favorite names) and it was the last name that we were playing with on our list when she was born. It could have easily been a name that we had namers remorse over later, but our daughter just fits it, so we don’t.

I really love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], but something about the flow of [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] sounds a bit off to me. (I think [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] had a better flow…)

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] together. :slight_smile: Would they be [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Addie[/name]?

What about the [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]/[name]June[/name] middles from before?

I can see [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] as sisters, too. :slight_smile:

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]. Does that have the same flow issue to you, too?
I really do like the name [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] has been on my list for years. I know my husband really likes the nn [name]Mattie[/name], and I was really getting into the whole [name]Matilda[/name] name, but then I step back and look at it and its, yes, clunky. [name]Anneliese[/name] rolls off my tongue, but still has a little bit of that exotic flavor.

I can go with [name]Mattie[/name] as a nn, but I am having a harder time with [name]Charlie[/name]. It is cute, but its still a boy to me. [name]Mattie[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] would be adorable nns. But I am afraid that they will think its one boy, one girl. [name]Lottie[/name] is another alternative, but [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name]? nope. I guess [name]Carlie[/name]/[name]Carly[/name] could also be another nn for [name]Charlotte[/name].

Yes, [name]Addie[/name] would be an option for [name]Adelaide[/name]. I like the nn [name]Addie[/name] a lot, but really don’t want it to be lumped in with Addisons.

[quote=“dotsmom”]

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]. Does that have the same flow issue to you, too?
I really do like the name [name]Adelaide[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] has been on my list for years. I know my husband really likes the nn [name]Mattie[/name], and I was really getting into the whole [name]Matilda[/name] name, but then I step back and look at it and its, yes, clunky. [name]Anneliese[/name] rolls off my tongue, but still has a little bit of that exotic flavor.[/quote]

After I got past the back-to-back A’s issue :-), [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]'s flow really grew on me. To me, [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] doesn’t have the same zip or flow, but if you love it, that’s all that matters.

If you think [name]Matilda[/name] is too clunky, then it sounds like you’re doing the right thing in turning to names like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name] (I love this name), [name]Rose[/name], etc.

I can definitely see [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] as sisters. :slight_smile:

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Anneliese[/name] [name]May[/name]. :slight_smile: (Was [name]May[/name] one of your names? Am I confusing it with [name]June[/name]?)

The middle names were [name]Ruby[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Pearl[/name]… I wouldnt use [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]June[/name], unless I could use both of the names (its a family political thing).

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] works. If I were to go with [name]Anneliese[/name], I would want a stronger middle name that would equal [name]Eloise[/name], but have a heritage/familiar feel to it. [name]May[/name], to me, is making it a cutesy country name, which I like too sometimes, but not with sophisticated sister [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name].

Yep, I confused [name]May[/name] with [name]June[/name]. :slight_smile: Sorry about that! (I knew it was a month.) :slight_smile:

The S ending in [name]Anneliese[/name] attaches to a lot of the middles, but:

[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (espcially with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name], if you still like the floral middles theme)
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] (especially with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Roselyn[/name]…although the S attaches a bit to [name]Ivy[/name])
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (although I kind of hear “skate” when I say it out loud…)
[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

We adore the names you chose esp [name]Matilda[/name].

I think your [name]MIL[/name]'s taste is the furthest away from yours and I think that everyone else will get used to the names you have chosen in time.

PS If they don’t like [name]Eloise[/name] maybe [name]Ellen[/name] as a substitute? However, I am all for leaving it as is.

Hmmm… I like the sound of [name]Annelise[/name]/[name]Anneliese[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but could I really give one child my name, and then the others… not? My husbands name really can’t be feminized into anything I like or would use. My mother’s name is a made-up name with a little bit of an exotic feel, and his mom’s name is a “happy WORD”, which I love them and their names fit them, I just don’t really want to use them.

A long time ago I had paired [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] together. I had then paired [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] together. I still like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rose[/name], but like it better in the first name spot.

What can I do with [name]Lavender[/name] to make is sound as strong as [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]/[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name]? I love [name]Eloise[/name] and really likes your combos from before but with your new son [name]Henry[/name]'s middle name… I think maybe [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] are a bit too close for sibling names but that just me.

I agree with you. My [name]MIL[/name] does have different taste, but she likes the name [name]Dorothy[/name]/[name]Dottie[/name] strange enough. I don’t think that she is a person who would say that she disliked her grandkids names at all… she is just used to girls being named the others. Oh yeah, she likes [name]Charlotte[/name], but its also the name of the biggest city around her, so its one of those plus/minus things. You know, like the kid named [name]Austin[/name] living in [name]Austin[/name]. Or [name]Savannah[/name] in [name]Savannah[/name].

Hmm… [name]Ellen[/name]… Probably not a substitute I would go for. I would be more likely to substitute it with [name]Eleanor[/name]. [name]Elise[/name] would be the other obvious substitution.

You are right. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name] are definitely an option. Is your given name [name]Charlotte[/name] with the nn [name]Charlie[/name]?

I did start thinking that [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] were close. I did find out that [name]Henry[/name]'s mother’s name was [name]Louise[/name] and his grandfather was [name]Louis[/name]. So its definitely a family name. Maybe this could be a way I could honor his family’s line by giving my daughter a name similar?

You are right. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] [name]June[/name] are definitely an option. Is your given name [name]Charlotte[/name] with the nn [name]Charlie[/name]?

I did start thinking that [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] were close. I did find out that [name]Henry[/name]'s mother’s name was [name]Louise[/name] and his grandfather was [name]Louis[/name]. So its definitely a family name. Maybe this could be a way I could honor his family’s line by giving my daughter a name similar?[/quote]

Oh, that’s a great thought! About [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] being family names, still I would hesitate about using [name]Eloise[/name] as a middle. [name]Eloise[/name] as a first name is gorgeous enough in my opinion, for example [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (is that the one you originally had?).

And yes, my name is [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] is just a preferred nn:)

I love [name]Elise[/name].