Worst names ever!

Hubby and I particularly dislike the [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] names and all their various spellings. This includes [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] and [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] etc…

1 Like

There are a lot of names that just aren’t for me. But there are few that I actually hate.

Bertha – This name just sounds ugly to me
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m] – another ugly name
[name_u]Harry[/name_u] – I just picture an hairy old man

If you have one of these names, you could be a lovely person, but this is just my opinion and personal experience.

Audrey-sounds really snobby for some reason?
Names like [name_f]Braylee[/name_f] or [name_f]Brynlee[/name_f]-sound childish and made up
Most -leigh/-ley names, but I do kind of like [name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]-I’m sorry, but I cannot like this no matter how hard I try. I can’t get over the Corn.
“Misspelled names” such as Jaycen for [name_m]Jason[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] for a boy-bad personal experience
[name_u]Madison[/name_u] and [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] for a girl-bad personal experience

1 Like

Haha I feel like so many of us hate names from personal experiences! I definitely have names I hate just because I know certain people with them- [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] are definitely some of those for me.

I really dislike the name [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f], [name_f]Susan[/name_f] and [name_f]Bertha[/name_f]. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] because I hear them so often and the rest because they sound really outdated to me (even though I know [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] is really popular now). I also dislike super modern/madeup type names like Mckenley, Winley, Seralee.

Hmm, I’m torn about answering bc I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

But also every name has pros and cons and I know for a lot of the names I dislike, I’m in the vast minority.

Here goes:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
Laurel
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] (these kind of names make me think of “Evil” a little bit)
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Bart[/name_m]
[name_m]Larry[/name_m]
[name_u]Gary[/name_u]
[name_u]Barry[/name_u]
[name_u]Cooper[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]

1 Like

I really dislike:

Surnames as First Names (with the exception of [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]): [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_u]Lincoln[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_u]Harper[/name_u], [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_u]Oakley[/name_u]

Occupation Names (I suppose this can come under surnames too!): [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_u]Cooper[/name_u], [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_m]Tucker[/name_m]

Names beginning with K (with the exception of [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] but even then I prefer [name_f]Catherine[/name_f])

Names with ‘X’: [name_m]Jaxon[/name_m], [name_m]Braxton[/name_m], [name_m]Baxter[/name_m]

Names that replace ‘I’ with ‘Y’: [name_f]Robyn[/name_f], [name_f]Allyson[/name_f], [name_f]Eryn[/name_f]

Clunky old lady names: [name_f]Doreen[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], [name_f]Edna[/name_f], [name_f]Enid[/name_f]

Named ending in [name_u]Ayden[/name_u] - [name_u]Kayden[/name_u], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u], [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] etc

Randoms:
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - sounds too much like ‘I feel her’
[name_f]Anais[/name_f] - looks like anus
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] - unexplained dislike of this name!
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] - i love how it looks, hate how it sounds
[name_u]Bobby[/name_u] - really don’t like how it sounds or looks
[name_f]Leanne[/name_f] - just isn’t very pleasant sounding

2 Likes

There’s actually this old thread if anyone wants to look at these posts. I think there was another thread similar to this too.

As for what I personally don’t like,

Also don’t like [name_m]Bruce[/name_m], [name_u]Royce[/name_u], [name_f]Mildred[/name_f], [name_m]Bart[/name_m] and I’m sure there’s more

3 Likes

Jayden/Kaiden/Brayden etc etc

As a teacher I’ve come across quite a lot of these and the kids are always a nightmare! These names seem to put a jinx on good/kind behaviour and turn the kids into little demons :weary: (I teach secondary)

Veronica, [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_u]Jayden[/name_u]/ [name_u]Brayden[/name_u]/ you get the point, [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], [name_m]Brent[/name_m], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]

I will explain- [name_u]Jayden[/name_u] and such bother me not only because I have had more bad experiences than good with them, but having so many variations makes it seem made up. I can stand [name_m]Caden[/name_m] and [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] though. [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] and [name_u]Madison[/name_u] just seem kinda… snooty in a way? [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is overly frilly and religious. I don’t know what it is about [name_f]Eva[/name_f], because I like [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], but something about [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is too plain sometimes. I love word names, but I don’t like [name_u]Ryder[/name_u]. Something with the Y. I feel like I should like it, because I had a friend with it, but ugh. [name_m]Brent[/name_m] kind of goes with [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u], [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] and [name_u]Madison[/name_u] but in a male way.

There is a good chance I will be back!

I don’t quite hate any names, but I dislike [name_u]Cooper[/name_u] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u]. Generally, I grow to like names that I didn’t before, except for those two.

Do you guys like virtue names ([name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Charity[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], etc) ? I honestly can’t stand them, but they seem to be making a comeback! The only one I kind of like is [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but that one is so popular it hardly seems to go with the group anymore.

• Love [name_f]Virtue[/name_f] Names
  • Hate [name_f]Virtue[/name_f] Names
  • Like some, but not others
  • Don’t care either way

0 voters

Do we really need another one of these?

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Grace[/name_f], and [name_f]Constance[/name_f] and [name_f]Prudence[/name_f] are somewhat guilty pleasures, and I love [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]. I don’t really have much of an opinion on other ones.

We should make a game out of it. Like, someone says a name they don’t like, and the next person points out everything good about the name to try to change their mind, lol.

5 Likes

I tried to start a thread like that but it didn’t really catch on :/.

2 Likes

Brielle - I don’t know why but I’ve always sort of hated it.

1 Like

[name_f]Tammy[/name_f]
Jerry

The name [name_f]Chastity[/name_f] has to stop being used, ugh.

1 Like

That’s a shame, I’d love to participate in a thread like that! I can’t think of very many names I genuinely hate (names do tend to fall more into the “not my style” category than the “ew” category) but I’d love the additional perspective on names I’ve never fully had the chance to appreciate. [name_u]Abby[/name_u], I remember being really touched by your post where you explained why the name [name_u]Parker[/name_u] on a girl is so significant to you, and I’ve always looked at the name differently since then.

2 Likes