Would Coralie sound made-up to non-name nerds?

I love the name [name]Coralie[/name] but I’m afraid to everyone that’s not familiar with it (which would be like 90% of the people where I live) it would just sound like I took the name [name]Cora[/name] and randomly stuck a -lie on the end. Would it blend in with all the Tenleighs and Kileys and Rayleighs and other -lie names?

I had never heard it before nameberry, but I love it too. I think it sounds like a nickname more than a made up name. Or like [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. I hadn’t made the association with Tenleighs and Kileys and Rayleighs etc… yikes.

It is quite popular in [name]Quebec[/name] and has been for awhile.
I knew a [name]Cora[/name]-[name]Lee[/name] long ago.
In my opinion, it sounds less made up than the names you mentioned.

No way, no how does [name]Coralie[/name] blend in with all the other “leigh” names. Absolutely not. I don’t think non-name nerds would think so either. If a non-name nerd were going to have a “negative” reaction to it, I’d rather think it would be something along the lines of “Why did they name her something French?” Which really isn’t negative at all. It’s a beautiful name and does not sound made up at all. If you love it, don’t let concern over other people’s reactions stop you.

I agree that most people would think you were saying [name]Cora[/name] [name]Lee[/name]. Not trendy at all.

Well, so what if they do? If you’re talking to someone named [name]Britni[/name] who named her twin girls [name]Brynly[/name] and [name]Kyleigh[/name], is it really a problem if she thinks you named your girl a twist too? And whether you’re talking to a [name]Britni[/name] or a [name]Linda[/name] who named her children [name]Jessica[/name] and [name]Nicole[/name], you can just say, “Thanks, it’s an old French name” and leave it at that.

[name]Coralie[/name] is a fantastic name. People’s perceptions will be what they are. [name]Don[/name]'t worry about it.