Would Grayson and Judson be too close to be brothers?

[name]Just[/name] curious. I love both names.

I think it would be fine, but I like more matchy sibsets. A lot of people don’t. I used to want two boys, [name]Judson[/name] and [name]Jackson[/name]. :slight_smile: I still have [name]Judson[/name] on my list.

Too close for me, yes, sorry. Although I had seriously considered using both [name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Emerson[/name] at one point. Somehow those feel even more distinct than [name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Judson[/name] to me. If you really love them, I think it’s doable, but I would really try and find another option. I’d try and avoid more obvious rhymes (ett names, son names, ella names, ana names, etc.) if at all possible.

It is a little matchy…what about [name]Jude[/name] instead?

Yes, I think so - too many “sons.” Haha.

Hmmm, see I’m a little hypocritical on things like this because I wouldn’t have an issue using [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] or [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] but saying [name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Judson[/name] together seems too much ‘son’ because it’s quite a strong end sound so for me it doesn’t work. However, if I’m happy to use any of those ones I listed above there’s no reason you can’t use both names together.

Loving [name]Judson[/name] though!

I think it’s too much. I thin it the fact that the names are two syllables long and the son takes up half the name as to why they sound too close.

Hopefully you can decipher that last post, sorry!

Not my style, but I have a perfectly lovely [name]SIL[/name] with all three of her kids’ names ending in -son, two boys and a girl. I will let you guess what their names are.

No, that makes perfect sense! Thanks!

[name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Judson[/name] are fine as brothers. They’re both two syllables and end in -son; this doesn’t make them matchy, it makes them similar. [name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Judson[/name] are a trendy pair, but I don’t think they’re too close.

We have a 1-year-old [name]Grayson[/name] and plan to name our second son [name]Jameson[/name] so I don’t personally think they are too matchy at all. We also did not plan on using the “son” in both, just liked both names.

They’re close, but I don’t think their too close to use. There’s a good chance that their names would be shortened to [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Jud[/name] anyways.

[name]IMO[/name] the -son ending is too much to use on both. Somewhat along the lines of the pp, my suggestion was to use [name]Gray[/name] and [name]Judson[/name] or [name]Grayson[/name] and [name]Judd[/name] so they don’t get too “sonny”.