Would it be bad if I used an old pseudonym?

Well, not a pseudonym exactly. In high-school spanish my name was [name]Esperanza[/name] ([name]Hope[/name]) and I’m so in love with it now. Would it be bad of me to seriously consider this name?

I don’t think it’s bad at all. When I was in seventh grade we had to read this Spanish book call [name]Esperanza[/name] Rising. It’s a really good book; chekc it out. The character is a really good one, and I honestly think it’s a pretty name. Anza, [name]Ann[/name], Es, and [name]Elle[/name] are all cute nicknames. I say if you love it, go for it! :slight_smile:

That was my Spanish name, too! I love it! I think it’s okay to use it, since you didn’t use it for that long…

I don’t think so. It’s sweet actually. My Spanish name was [name]Marisol[/name], which I’ve always thought was gorgeous.

No i think its pretty! My spanish name for my class my senior year was Chispa (sp?), it means Sparkle :slight_smile:

No, I think that’s great! I’m a name-loving teen and my Spanish name is [name]Magdalena[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thanks everybody! My fears are assuaged :slight_smile:

@blueberri: I love [name]Magdalena[/name] too! If I ever had twins, I think I’d name them [name]Esperanza[/name] and [name]Magdalena[/name] :slight_smile:

I don’t see any problem in using [name]Esperanza[/name]. It’s beautiful! This is my friend’s grandmother’s name and it makes me so jealous, haha.

My spanish class didn’t have spanish names! No fair, I want one! (:
If we did, however, I think my contenders would be…
[name]Belinda[/name]
[name]Araceli[/name]
[name]Beatriz[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Lolita[/name]
[name]Fabiana[/name]
[name]Faustine[/name]
[name]Mariposa[/name]
& [name]Rafaela[/name]
Whoa, I am so ready to petition that we get spanish names next year!

My only no-no name: [name]Concepcion[/name]. I have actually met one. Who would do this?? Also [name]Perfecta[/name]…my spanish isn’t good enough to claim that name. (:

NameGoddess

I love [name]Marisol[/name]! I wanted to be [name]Francesca[/name] more and I was so upset when I found out it was Italian, not Spanish. We never got to pick Spanish names because our teacher had trouble remembering our English names :lol:
Anyways [name]Esperanza[/name] is a beautiful name peppersweet, and it has so much more meaning for your daughter since it was your name for a while.
I say use it! :slight_smile:

I know its so not fair :? OUR teacher can’t remember our English names, and I vote for [name]Araceli[/name] btw

no reason at all not to use [name]Esperanza[/name]- it’s lovely

I think you using [name]Esperanza[/name] in highschool just shows how much you love it! [name]Esperanza[/name] is lovely. Out of curiousity, do you like [name]Ezra[/name] for a boy? Those names remind me of each other. My Spanish name is [name]Pepita[/name]! I love it! It means pumpkin seed. Haha.