Would it be cruel to name a son Darcy Thomas?

Well I know a little girl [name]Darcey[/name] (10 months) whose mum had a bit of a shock to find 2 or 3 other [name]Darcy[/name]/[name]Darcey[/name]/Darcies in her baby class. All girls. This is in NW [name]England[/name], so it’s popularity may be regional. I think the spellings combined put it about the 70s in [name]England[/name], and about the same in NI, where I am originally from.

HOWEVER, I’m not trying to dissuade you from using [name]Darcy[/name] for a boy. Rather, I’m just trying to prove my point that, despite this, I still see [name]Darcy[/name] as a boy’s name. It’s never quite sat right on a girl for me, even the little [name]Darcey[/name] who I mentioned previously, even though she’s a darling. As you can see, [name]Darcy[/name] remains on my list (below) despite all of this. So I think you should use it! [name]Darcy[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is handsome and dashing. =D

The first time I ever heard it was 30 years ago on a girl. I always thought it was a girl’s name.

Didn’t know if this will help, but scroll down to [name]Darcy[/name]. Of course, these are U.S. stats.

Personally, it always sounds like a boy, but I’ve only known it on girls. And [name]Colin[/name] [name]Firth[/name], of course.

On a side note, what does ‘chavvy’ mean?

Thirded.

I absolutely love [name]Darcy[/name]- it’s one of my favourite boys’ names! I’ve never met a [name]Darcy[/name] of either gender, nor encountered any I can remember in literature/pop culture besides Mr. [name]Darcy[/name], so while I know it’s unisex it skews boy to me.