Would it be too weird?

So, my husband and I really like the name [name_m]Charles[/name_m] for a middle name if we have a boy in honor of my mom, [name_f]Carla[/name_f]. The problem is we already have a cat named [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. Would it be weird if our son’s name were the same as our cat’s name?

I think it would be a little weird
Perhaps you could use [name_m]Charleston[/name_m], [name_m]Charleton[/name_m], [name_m]Carlos[/name_m], [name_m]Carl[/name_m] or [name_m]Carlton[/name_m] instead

I think as a middle name it matters less. The child will outlive the cat.
You could consider changing the cats name - some friends of mine did this, the renamed the cat Pudding so that they could use H0lly for their daughter.

Since it’s an honor name and in the middle I wouldn’t worry about it. Also seconding what @maerad said, if it does bother you you could always change the cat’s name.

As a middle name, I think its ok. Would be weird as a first though

I also think it’s fine as a middle name.

It’s fine, especially in the middle.

Not at all. Like another poster said, your son will outlive the cat.

I think it’s fine for a middle name. As a first, maybe a bit weird.

seconding some of the above but yeah, it’s an honour name and the middle spot, so i don’t think it matters at all! plus, cats don’t know their own name – you can always easily rename the cat (i did with mine after a year of having him, and nobody cared at all)

As a middle I wouldn’t think twice.
[name_m]Even[/name_m] as a first I wouldn’t think it’s that big of a deal. Sure, it might make a funny conversation piece every once in a while, but most people your son meets won’t even know the name of his cat.
As other said–your son will far outlive your cat, so give him the name you like best!

Nope. I think it would be fine.

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

Totally not weird for a middle name. Plus you can tell everyone you named him after the cat hehehe

Really though, I don’t think it matters at all.

Thanks ladies!