Would like suggestions on name of a fourth child

My mother is currently pregnant with baby number 4 and I would love some help offering her suggestions. My naming style isn’t in sync with what she likes though. The other children are [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Lee[/name] (21), [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]James[/name] (17), and [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Danielle[/name] (14). It would be nice if suggestions were in this vein of thinking. To add to complications, if she knows someone with that name, she will refuse to use it. We don’t know the sex of the baby yet, so suggestions for either sex would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

That’s so nice of you to ask for naming help for your mother! You must be [name]Alicia[/name]. It sounds like your mom loves classic names, and some classic names that are stylish on Nameberry right now are:

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amalie[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Cate[/name] - [name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Katie[/name] and [name]Kate[/name] have been kind of overdone, but I do love them so much!
[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name] nn [name]Celia[/name], [name]Ceil[/name], etc.
[name]Chloe[/name] - very popular.
[name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Ella[/name] - popular, [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] are really cool.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Libby[/name] - very popular, but the nn [name]Libby[/name] is tres cool.
[name]Evelyn[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Francie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] - hipster name
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Iona[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Jessamyn[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] - this has been popular, now isn’t used as much. It’s my daughter’s name and I love it!
[name]Lila[/name] - going to get popular
[name]Lillian[/name] nn [name]Lily[/name] - popular
[name]Madeleine[/name] nn [name]Maddie[/name] - this is very popular. Might be overdone.
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Mattie[/name], [name]Tillie[/name], [name]Tilda[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] - very popular
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Nell[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Rosamond[/name], [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Romy[/name] - very cool.
[name]Ruby[/name] - more of a vintage name, less classic.
[name]Sylvia[/name]/[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Talullah[/name] nn [name]Lulah[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] - popular, so pretty, can stand on its own or be a nn for [name]Theresa[/name].
[name]Vivian[/name] nn [name]Vivi[/name]

Some of these names sound old ladyish or out of it, but they are very cool. I typed popular next to the names that have hit the mainstream pretty hard. I left out most of the names in the top ten like [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. Other posters will think of many more choices I am sure.

Boys:
You could stick to really popular boys’ names such as:
[name]John[/name] nn [name]Jack[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name] nn [name]Joe[/name]
[name]William[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Henry[/name], [name]Harry[/name] could be his nn.
[name]Alexander[/name] nn [name]Zander[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]

I just read your post that you are actually [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Lee[/name]! [name]How[/name] interesting! Is [name]Nicholas[/name] a girl, too? Is your mother looking for looking for something similar, or has her style changed? What kinds of names does she like now?

No, [name]Nicholas[/name] is actually the only boy. I’m not always able to peg her style. I do know that she loves for names to flow. Since I was little I remember her saying that the names she chose for us kids were something she could easily yell if need be. She almost named me [name]Samantha[/name], my sister was almost [name]Chloe[/name], and my brother was almost [name]Andrew[/name] [name]John[/name]. My brother was [name]Andrew[/name] up until she laid eyes on him and exclaimed that he was not an [name]Andrew[/name], so he became [name]Nicholas[/name]. I know she likes names that aren’t uniquely spelled and she won’t use the names of people she knows. For girls names she likes ones that aren’t really dramatic sounding/looking. She has an extremely popular name from her generation, so she doesn’t want something too popular but that doesn’t necessarily leave common names out. For example, she likes [name]Aidan[/name] but wouldn’t use its relatives like braydon, jaydon, caydon, etc. She isn’t too concerned with crossing gender naming lines, obviously :wink: . A few names that I like that she’s NOT keen on are [name]Emery[/name], [name]Avery[/name], [name]Teagan[/name], [name]Ashby[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], [name]Jonah[/name]…names of that nature. Any suggestion I will certainly pass on to her for consideration, so don’t feel limited to anything, it has been quite a few years since she has had to name anyone, so her style may have changed.