Would like to get some opinions!

So we have been pondering on a few names and would like to get some feed back. [name]David[/name] is my husband’s name…
[name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name] (K-nen)
[name]Cason[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name] nn [name]Cade[/name] ([name]Charles[/name] after my dad)
[name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Cannon[/name] [name]David[/name]

Thanks a bunch for your input. And yes we are aware of [name]Canaan[/name] in the Bible and that [name]Cannon[/name] you may think of [name]Cannon[/name] ball. But to me it files in the same class as names like [name]River[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], Cage etc…Thank you

[name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name] and [name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name] are great!

I don’t really love [name]Canaan[/name]…and [name]Cannon[/name] seems violent. [name]Cason[/name] sounds like an offshoot of [name]Jason[/name], and in fact all three of those just seem kind of trendy, sorry.

Oh wait…I just realized that [name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name] kind of sounds like “Cold”…but I still love [name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name]! A very solid, handsome name! :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name] is wonderful, and the fact that it honors your Dad only makes it that much more special! I don’t see the need to look any further.

As for your comments on [name]Canaan[/name] and [name]Cannon[/name], however, I would add that if you’re already feeling defensive about these choices then neither one is probably the right name for you. I realize that ANY name may invite criticism, but if the particular type of criticism that a name invites is the type to annoy you before you’ve even chosen the name, that suggests that it is hitting a nerve for you and I can only imagine how annoyed you would be by these associations once this was actually your child’s name.

Well, when I have posted on here before, people have made comments. So I just wanted to put out there that those “little” quirks don’t bother me…

[name]Canaan[/name] [name]David[/name] gets my vote, hands down!!

[name]Cole[/name] is boring to me, [name]Cason[/name] is tryndee, [name]Charles[/name] is boring again and [name]Cannon[/name] is to negatively associated to me, like Cage. ([name]Hunter[/name] is okay though, since it’s an occupational name)

[name]Canaan[/name] is awesome!!! :slight_smile: I love it!

I’d like to give a different perspective on what people say are “boring” names. Usually these are traditional names. These names are in fact the very OPPOSITE of boring. In [name]George[/name] R. [name]Stewart[/name]'s American Given Names, [name]Charles[/name] merits 4 pages of history. He ends the entry, “All in all, [name]Charles[/name] provides the most remarkable history of any of our names.”

[name]Hi[/name]!

I like [name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name] with the [name]Cade[/name] nickname! That’s neat!

I’m not a fan of [name]Canaan[/name], as it is too overtly a place name - I know you wrote about this concern in your initial comments - from the Bible. Also, I agree with whoever said [name]Cole[/name] [name]David[/name] sounds like “cold” a bit - not the best flow. And, [name]Cannon[/name], in addition to making me think of a cannon ball - violent, like [name]Gunner[/name] and [name]Talon[/name] - makes me think of a [name]Canon[/name] camera!

Take care! [name]Charles[/name] [name]David[/name] has so much possibility!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: