would like your thoughts

this is my current name list for boys just want your thoughts on them and if you would use them

maxwell
william
ethan
kulan (said the same ways as kallin)
austin
alec
albert(albie)
billy
cristian
maxliegh
matherson
james
[name]Izaac[/name]
rory
thomas
darby
tylah
zayden
darcy
malachi
tayne
lewis
digby
dustin
sorry theres so many

[name]William[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] – Strong, classic and handsome names that will never become ‘dated’. Only drawback is that they can be seen by some as ‘boring’ but that doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

[name]Maxwell[/name], [name]Albert[/name], [name]Rory[/name], [name]Darcy[/name], [name]Alec[/name], [name]Lewis[/name] – These still have the classic feel with a good history too them but are a bit unconventional. They are the cool rebels in the Victorian Gentleman’s Club

[name]Izaac[/name], [name]Malachi[/name], [name]Cristian[/name] – Good historical roots, but again a little more exotic.

[name]Ethan[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Dustin[/name] – Nothing much wrong with these but I just feel like they’re screaming 90s at me.

Maxleigh, Matherson, [name]Darby[/name], [name]Digby[/name] – I get the surname trend, and quite like a few, but these feel like they are trying too hard and come off a little pretentious for me. Sorry :frowning:

[name]Zayden[/name] – I can see how this would ‘out-hip’ the Kadens. But in the end, it’s just another ayden name.

Kulan, [name]Tylah[/name], [name]Tayne[/name] – From the spellings to the pronunciations these come off very trendy and would be a headache to keep spelling out all the time.

[name]Billy[/name] – If you like this, I would say use [name]William[/name] with [name]Billy[/name] as a nn. It provides a lot more options and gravitas than just [name]Billy[/name] can provide.

maxwell - I like it, with nickname [name]Max[/name].
william - One of my favorites; classic and cool. Quite common, though, if you’re concerned about that.
ethan - I have personally never liked this name because of an association with a horrible children’s book, so I’m the wrong person to ask about [name]Ethan[/name]!
kulan (said the same ways as kallin) - It seems like the spelling and pronunciation would be big issues, and I’m also not a huge fan of K names for boys.
austin - Good Southern charm.
alec - I much prefer [name]Alexander[/name], but [name]Alec[/name] is interesting too.
albert(albie) - Very cute - an oldie ready for a comeback; I especially like nickname [name]Albie[/name].
billy - I love this, but would advise using [name]William[/name] with nickname [name]Billy[/name].
cristian - I definitely prefer it with an h.
maxliegh - Sounds a bit girly, along the lines of [name]Ashleigh[/name] and [name]Kayleigh[/name].
matherson - Never heard this before, a bit over-the-top but a more unique way to get to [name]Matt[/name] than [name]Matthew[/name], if that’s what you are going for.
james - Classic and classy. Thumbs up.
[name]Izaac[/name] - [name]Isaac[/name] has always been one of my favorites! The z spelling seems slightly like a mistake unless you are of an ethnicity that uses this spelling.
rory - I’ve never quite liked this as a stand-alone name, especially for a boy, but it does have some spunk.
thomas - [name]Love[/name] this; [name]Tom[/name] will never grow old to me, and [name]Thomas[/name] in full is also great.
darby - Not a fan.
tylah - Definitely seems made up and sort of feminine.
zayden - I generally like Z names, but this might seem very trendy.
darcy - Like [name]Darby[/name], I’m not a fan.
malachi - I understand the religious reference, but for some reason I’ve never preferred this.
tayne - Very trendy.
lewis - I like this for it’s old-fashioned charm and historical/literary references.
digby - Hmm…never really heard this, but it reminds me of [name]Darby[/name]/[name]Darcy[/name]…so not really my type.
dustin - Sorry, I guess I just don’t like many D names. [name]Austin[/name] is much better.

I will star the ones I would use. I will put ~ signs next to the ones I like but wouldn’t use myself:
maxwell*
william*
ethan~ - so popular
kulan (said the same ways as kallin)
austin
alec - one of the most common names in American prisons
albert(albie)
billy
cristian
maxliegh
matherson
james*
[name]Izaac[/name] - love it spelled [name]Isaac[/name]*
rory~
thomas*
darby
tylah
zayden
darcy
malachi
tayne
lewis~
digby
dustin

maxwell: I like [name]Maxwell[/name], but my dog’s name is [name]Max[/name].
william: Classic
ethan: Ok, very popular
kulan (said the same ways as kallin): If you want it pn [name]Kallin[/name], I wouldn’t spell it Kulan.
austin: OK
alec: Cute
albert(albie): Not my style NMS
billy: Would go with [name]William[/name], nn [name]Billy[/name].
cristian: OK
maxliegh: NMS
matherson: Interesting.
james: Classic
[name]Izaac[/name]: [name]Isaac[/name]
rory: Think of girl on [name]Gilmore[/name] Girls.
thomas: Classic
darby: think of [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] ([name]Darby[/name] [name]Shaw[/name]) in Pelican Brief
zayden: Ok, another mix of the braden, aiden, caden mix
darcy: Girl name
malachi: I like [name]Malachi[/name]. Strong
tayne: OK
lewis: [name]Don[/name]'t like
digby: I like it.
dustin: [name]Dustin[/name] Hoffman

I would use [name]Digby[/name] (as a middle), [name]Malachi[/name], [name]Tayne[/name] (middle), or [name]Alec[/name].

Good luck!

maxwell - Y
william - Y
ethan - N
kulan (said the same ways as kallin) - N
austin - N
alec - N
albert(albie) - N
billy - N
cristian - N
maxliegh - N
matherson - N
james - Y
[name]Izaac[/name] - Y (spelled [name]Isaac[/name])
rory - N
thomas - N
darby - N
tylah - N
zayden - N
darcy - N
malachi - Maybe
tayne - N
lewis - N
digby - Y
dustin - N

You’ve got some good names.

maxwell: Yes
william: Y
ethan: I like it, but it’s too popular for me, so I’ll have to say no…
kulan (said the same ways as kallin): N
austin:N
alec: N
albert(albie):Y
billy:N
cristian:N
maxliegh:NNN
matherson:N
james:Y
[name]Izaac[/name] :Y ([name]Isaac[/name])
rory:Y
thomas:Y
darby:N
tylah:N
zayden:NNNNN
darcy:N
malachi:N
tayne:N
lewis:N
digby:N (But I think it’s cool…)
dustin:N

From your list, [name]James[/name] and [name]William[/name] are my favorites.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like these names from your list.

[name]William[/name] nn [name]Bill[/name], [name]Billy[/name], [name]Will[/name], [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Cristian[/name] [name]Love[/name] it spelt as [name]Christian[/name]
[name]James[/name] right at the top of my list!
[name]Izaac[/name] A great name please spell traditional way [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Rory[/name] Kind of cheeky
[name]Thomas[/name] Solid name
[name]Malachi[/name] Interesting
[name]Lewis[/name] like as [name]Louis[/name]

More
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Alister[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name] even though it is popular
[name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Aaron[/name]
[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]

You have a great variety here!
maxwell: I’ve considered this one myself. It’s my first choice for a [name]Max[/name] name and I love the association with the scientist. I sometimes fear the “[name]Maxwell[/name]'s [name]Silver[/name] Hammer” and “[name]Maxwell[/name] House” associations, though.
william: Classic and less used than many other classics, a solid choice
ethan: I like this one, though it’s become quite popular recently. I hope it doesn’t get associated too closely with this decade.
kulan (said the same ways as kallin): Honestly, I would expect the boy would get tired of being called koo-len all the time. If this name is more common in your area then feel free to disregard my ignorance. :slight_smile:
austin: a friendly, independent sort of name
alec: I slightly prefer [name]Alex[/name] but this is cool
albert(albie): It’s still a little old-man-ish to me but could work
billy: rough and tumble, cute, hated it as a kid ‘cause it reminded me of “belly,” lol
cristian: Cute
maxliegh: I suspect that with the liegh ending there will be spelling complications and possibly some gender confusion
matherson: A little much, but that’s just my style
james: one of the best classics
[name]Izaac[/name]: A cool name I prefer with the s
rory: Cute, but used frequently for girls (not necessarily a big deal, just depends on your preference)
thomas: [name]Love[/name] it
darby: Cute, but it’s hard for me to evaluate it further because my family has a dog named [name]Darby[/name] and I’ve watched "[name]Darby[/name] O’[name]Gill[/name] and the [name]Little[/name] People" too many times
tylah: [name]Tyler[/name] with an accent :wink:
zayden: It’s a nice sound but I recommend steering clear of any names rhyming with [name]Aiden[/name], just because they are everywhere so he’ll likely be addressed by several variations on those names in a classroom setting: “[name]Aiden[/name]? I mean [name]Jayden[/name]. [name]Hayden[/name]? [name]Zayden[/name]! [name]Zayden[/name], stop interrupted [name]Cayden[/name]!”
darcy: very Pride and Prejudice, cute
malachi: a little daring, very fun
tayne: Meh
lewis: Cute, old-school
digby: I’m a [name]Mitchell[/name] and [name]Webb[/name] fan, so all I can think of is Sir [name]Digby[/name] Chicken [name]Caesar[/name] (granted, most people will probably not think of this). [name]Darby[/name] beats this one.
dustin: I don’t care for the “dust” thing, but it’s alright. I prefer [name]Justin[/name].