Would love some help picking a name

[name]Hi[/name], we are expecting our first in five months, gender is a suprize!
Opinions on our favourite names would be lovely! Middle name will be one of [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Richard[/name] or [name]Mary[/name], [name]Winter[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] (we are happy to compromise with a variation)
We would particularly appriciate negative feedback- we already love all the names and would like to know any potential drawbacks

Boys:
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Arlington[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Fintan[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]March[/name]

Girls:
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Charla[/name]
[name]Caldonia[/name]
[name]Ida[/name]
[name]Lura[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Dasha[/name]
[name]Tully[/name]

Thanks a million!

[name]Hi[/name]! Congrats! Here’s some feedback on your favorite names, plus some middle name combos:

[name]Willem[/name] - Are you in the US? While I like [name]Willem[/name] a lot I think it will get confused as [name]William[/name] all the time.
[name]Klaus[/name] - I feel like the [name]Santa[/name] [name]Claus[/name] teasing potential outweighs the coolness of this name. If you love it a lot, I’d go with [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Klaus[/name] so he has a fall back.
[name]Arlo[/name] - I love [name]Arlo[/name]! It’s sweet and strong.
[name]Arlington[/name] - Not totally sure how I feel about [name]Arlington[/name]. I prefer [name]Arlo[/name]. But I guess you could do [name]Arlington[/name] nn [name]Arlo[/name] to utilize two names you love. It’s very place namey, but if it has significance for you then you should use it!
[name]Jett[/name] - I love [name]Jett[/name]. It’s very different in style than your other names but it’s still very cool.
[name]Fintan[/name] - [name]Fin[/name]- names are getting very popular ([name]Finley[/name], [name]Finn[/name], etc). [name]Fintan[/name] is great, but not my favorite on your list.
[name]Charles[/name] - so classic and lovely. You can’t go wrong with [name]Charles[/name].
[name]March[/name] - I’ve always thought this would make an interesting boys name. A bold choice, but personally, I like it.

[name]Willa[/name] - I love [name]Willa[/name]. It has the perfect balance of vintage charm and modern sound. The only draw back is that it’s similarity to [name]Ella[/name] (in sound) and other vintage names (in style) like [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Ava[/name], makes it ripe for popularity, but at this point it’s still pretty undiscovered.
[name]Charla[/name] - something about this name feels kind of dated to me. Not sure why. I’d go with [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charla[/name] if you really love it.
[name]Caldonia[/name] - very different and cool. Different in style than your other names. It has lots of nn potential too.
[name]Ida[/name] - I feel like [name]Ida[/name] has all the same charm as [name]Willa[/name] but it’s much less used making it a bit mustier but also much less popular. I love [name]Ida[/name] (it was my great-grandmother’s name).
[name]Lura[/name] - Looks like a misspelling of [name]Laura[/name].
[name]Lilac[/name] - I like [name]Lilac[/name] but unfortunately I think it’s beauty will be lost amongst a sea of Lilys, [name]Lilas[/name], Lylas, Leilas and Lillians.
[name]Dasha[/name] - has an exotic charm but doesn’t seem as exciting as your other names.
[name]Tully[/name] - Feels a bit too nicknamey. I would use it as a nn for Tullalah.

From your boys list my favorite are [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Jett[/name] and [name]March[/name]. With middles I like [name]Arlo[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Jett[/name] [name]Robert[/name] or [name]Jett[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] (love the alliteration) and [name]March[/name] [name]Richard[/name] or [name]March[/name] [name]Robert[/name]. If you went with [name]Arlington[/name], then I’d say [name]Arlington[/name] [name]Richard[/name] is very classy. Oh and I forgot about [name]Charles[/name]! [name]Charles[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is very classy.

From your girls list my favorite are [name]Willa[/name], [name]Ida[/name] and [name]Caldonia[/name]. Middles: [name]Willa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Willa[/name] [name]Mary[/name], [name]Ida[/name] [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Caldonia[/name] [name]Mary[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

We will only use [name]March[/name] if the baby is born in [name]March[/name] (we are due in the last week of [name]March[/name]). If the baby is laate and born in [name]April[/name] then we won’t use the name.
We like it with the nickname [name]Archie[/name]

Boys:
[name]Willem[/name]- I think this is a really good alternative to [name]William[/name], but could get confused a bit.
[name]Klaus[/name]- I like how it looks on paper but I agree that theres a lot of teasing potential
[name]Arlo[/name]- love it!
[name]Arlington[/name]- with nn [name]Arlo[/name]? I think I prefer just [name]Arlo[/name].
[name]Jett[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it but it does feel a bit trendier than the rest of your names.
[name]Fintan[/name]- Really like.
[name]Charles[/name]- [name]Love[/name] [name]Charlie[/name].
[name]March[/name]- [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Archie[/name]!!!
My favourites are [name]Willem[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Charles[/name] and [name]March[/name]

Girls:
[name]Willa[/name]- Really pretty.
[name]Charla[/name]- Old fashioned, but I think its really sweet.
[name]Caldonia[/name]- Sounds like the country Caladonia to me.
[name]Ida[/name]- [name]Love[/name]!
[name]Lura[/name]- I don’t mind it.
[name]Lilac[/name]- Not my favourite.
[name]Dasha[/name]- Very beautiful
[name]Tully[/name]- I really like it, but does sound a bit nicknamey.
My favourites are [name]Ida[/name], [name]Charla[/name], [name]Dasha[/name] and [name]Tully[/name]

What an interesting list! Here are my personal thoughts.

Opinions on our favourite names would be lovely! Middle name will be one of [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Robert[/name], [name]Richard[/name] or [name]Mary[/name], [name]Winter[/name], [name]Catherine[/name] (we are happy to compromise with a variation)

Boys:
[name]Willem[/name]- I think that this would be confused with [name]William[/name] a lot. While [name]William[/name] is a strong classic, I know so many [name]Wills[/name] that it makes my head spin. I think you would be better off with another choice.

[name]Klaus[/name]- Like a previous poster mentioned, potential [name]Santa[/name] [name]Claus[/name] teasing overrides how cool this name is. But then again, you could name your son [name]Klaus[/name] and he might never get teased. I think the safe thing to do would be to go with [name]Nicholas[/name] nn [name]Klaus[/name].

[name]Arlo[/name]- I think this is really cool as a nickname. I don’t think it’s solid enough to use as a full name though.

[name]Arlington[/name]- This has a very pretentious feel to it, and maybe takes the place name trend a little too far. However I think it’s a great way to get to the nn [name]Arlo[/name].

[name]Jett[/name]- I love this. [name]Jett[/name] is a super cool name and my favorite from your list. I could see [name]Jett[/name] as being a really cool guy.

[name]Fintan[/name]- Not a fan. This looks made up and I don’t like the sound. The natural nickname, [name]Fin[/name], reminds me too much of fish to consider it a human name.

[name]Charles[/name]- There is absolutely nothing wrong with this name. I love the nn [name]Charlie[/name]. However I think that this is the “safe” choice of your names.

[name]March[/name]- Definitely a bold choice. I kind of like it actually.

My favorite combos:
[name]Klaus[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
[name]Jett[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] (this sounds like the ultimate cool guy to me)
[name]Jett[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
[name]March[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

Girls:
[name]Willa[/name]- I hated ‘My [name]Antonia[/name]’ with a burning passion, so that’s stamped a permanent NO on this name for me.

[name]Charla[/name]- I actually really like this.

[name]Caldonia[/name]- I’m not too sure on this one. The nn [name]Callie[/name] is cute, but I don’t see much appeal beyond that.

[name]Ida[/name]- This is definitely a problem name. There is a girl named [name]Ida[/name] at my high school, and the most common teasing she gets is people calling her “[name]Ida[/name] insert expletive in the blank” I definitely wouldn’t recommend it.

[name]Lura[/name]- Sounds like a slurred version of [name]Laura[/name].

[name]Lilac[/name]- The ending sound makes this seem a little harsh to me.

[name]Dasha[/name]- This sounds like something [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name] or one of the Kardashians would name their dog.

[name]Tully[/name]- I think this is really cute. Not such a fan of it as a full name though. It’s hard for me to imagine a [name]Tully[/name] between the ages of 13 and 65.

My favorite combos:
[name]Charla[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Charla[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Willem[/name]- I really like it.
[name]Klaus[/name]-I don’t care for it.
[name]Arlo[/name]- This is a fun name and sounds friendly and upbeat
[name]Arlington[/name]- Sounds classy but really stuffy. Nickname?
[name]Jett[/name]- Fun name
[name]Fintan[/name]- I like it.
[name]Charles[/name] -A nice classic name and [name]Charlie[/name] is really cute on a little boy.
[name]March[/name]- Cool. I really like [name]Archie[/name] for a nickname.
[name]Willa[/name]- I think it’s a cute, sweet sounding vintage name.
[name]Charla[/name]- Sounds nice and it’s not common.
Caladonia- A little much, but [name]Callie[/name] is cute for a nickname.
[name]Ida[/name]- Still a bit musty for me but I love [name]Ida[/name] [name]Red[/name] apples.
[name]Lilac[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Dasha[/name]- Pronounced like [name]Tasha[/name] or the 50 yard dash?
[name]Tully[/name]- I like [name]Tilly[/name] better.

Boys:
[name]Willem[/name]- I agree that it will frequently be confused with [name]William[/name]
[name]Klaus[/name]- I like it, but there will be unavoidable [name]Santa[/name] references
[name]Arlo[/name]- nice
[name]Arlington[/name]- I’m not fond of place names. I don’t know where you’re located, but being that this is a famous cemetary in the US is a drawback for me.
[name]Jett[/name]- I like this
[name]Fintan[/name]- lots of [name]Finn[/name] names popping up lately, though I like them
[name]Charles[/name]- this is classic and I think the nn [name]Charlie[/name] is super cute
[name]March[/name]- I didn’t think I liked it so much at first, but then I read your reply about how you’d use the nn [name]Archie[/name] and it really grew on me. I think it’s a bold choice.

Girls:
[name]Willa[/name]- love it
[name]Charla[/name]- reminds me a lot of [name]Carla[/name], which is just a dated feeling name to me
[name]Caldonia[/name]- place name, not my thing
[name]Ida[/name]- like it
[name]Lura[/name]- seems like a misspelling to of [name]Laura[/name] to me, like a previous poster said
[name]Lilac[/name]- like this a whole lot
[name]Dasha[/name]- not my taste
[name]Tully[/name]- seems incomplete

So my favorite boy names are [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Jett[/name], [name]Charles[/name], or [name]March[/name]. My favorites of the girls are [name]Willa[/name] and [name]Lilac[/name].