would love some opinions!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I posted a few days ago asking for “southern” style names, and you guys were really helpful! My husband and I used your suggestions and some of our own and we came up with this list. I’d love you guys to tell me what you think :).

Boys:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Walker[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Callahan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name]
[name]Brady[/name] [name]Morris[/name]

Girls:

[name]Millay[/name] (can’t think of a middle name for this name, but it’s my favorite so far. any suggestions? [name]EDIT[/name] also probably figured I should add that I know it is [name]Edna[/name] St. [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Millay[/name]'s surname. I’m working on my MA in American Lit :), hence the [name]Faulkner[/name] as a middle name above and the first name [name]Walker[/name] is after [name]Walker[/name] [name]Percy[/name], another author I love. [name]Millay[/name] is one of my favorite American poets)
[name]Memphis[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name] ([name]EDIT[/name] again, to add…I know the [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] connection to this name. My husband chose it because he is a huuuuge military history buff and it resonates with him. I’m not hugely concerned with the popularity of a name, I go more for the sound of it. [name]Hence[/name] [name]Julie[/name], which is fairly popular, but I like it and it seems to fit my daughter very well. [name]Just[/name] wanted to point that out)
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] ([name]EDIT[/name] see above. My husband and I were both born on a [name]Sunday[/name], so this name has meaning to us. Plus we wanted something with the nickname ‘[name]Sunny[/name],’ and this was the prettiest option)
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Thanks again so much :). [name]Just[/name] for reference, my daughter’s name is [name]Julie[/name]. Her middle name is a family name, and it’s not really indicative of our style at ALL (it was more of a compromise because we didn’t know what else to use), so I won’t even list it, lol.

I love:
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I think [name]Millay[/name] [name]June[/name] is darling.

[name]Hi[/name], the best sibset for your daughter [name]Julie[/name]…
Boy
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] (the only first name on your list that isn’t a surname).

Your other boys names seem to flow better by switching them around (eg [name]James[/name] [name]Beckett[/name], [name]David[/name] [name]Walker[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Callahan[/name], [name]Faulkner[/name] [name]Shepherd[/name] & [name]Morris[/name] [name]Brady[/name] but that’s just a personal preference).

Girl
[name]Millay[/name] (interesting surname choice. It makes me think of of the first female Pulizer prizewinner for [name]Poetry[/name], [name]Edna[/name] [name]St[/name] [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Millay[/name]. Athough the name sounds Southern, she was actually born in [name]Maine[/name]. She also had a somewhat unconventional life as she had relationships with both men and women). Some middle name choices could be [name]Millay[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Millay[/name] [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Millay[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Millay[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name].
[name]Memphis[/name] [name]Eve[/name] (this place name has a nice ring to it!)
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (very Southern and ladylike!)

I’m not fond of your other girls names. [name]Shiloh[/name] is too associated with [name]Brad[/name] and [name]Angelina[/name] and ditto for [name]Sunday[/name] which is the name of [name]Nicole[/name] Kidman’s daughter. Autunm seems too dated for me but I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lucille[/name] for middle names.

I like a lot of names on your list, so this is hard for me:

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]James[/name] - I see you like [name]Author[/name] names and you’re a literary buff, so I’m assuming you’re using this in honor of [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]? The name’s become a former hipster/cool name that’s now getting a good amount of use. Not my favorite, but it’s a fine name.
[name]Walker[/name] [name]David[/name] - I love the name [name]Walker[/name]. It just seems to classy to me. [name]Walker[/name] [name]David[/name] is such a classic, but fresh, combo. I think [name]Walker[/name] makes a very nice brother name for [name]Julie[/name].
[name]Callahan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] - [name]Callahan[/name] feels very stately, but maybe a bit too stuffy. I like it though.
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Cormac[/name]! Great name. Very different from [name]Julie[/name] but that’s not a huge deal.
[name]Shepherd[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name] - Ahh I love [name]Shepherd[/name]. It’s one of my all time favorites. I think “[name]Shep[/name]” is just the most handsome nickname ever. [name]Faulkner[/name] is a nice homage middle. [name]Shepherd[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name] is a bit surname heavy but thats not a huge issue.
[name]Brady[/name] [name]Morris[/name] - [name]Brady[/name] has gotten pretty trendy/popular. I like other names on your list a lot more.

My favorites are [name]Walker[/name] [name]David[/name] and [name]Shepherd[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are awesome combos.

[name]Millay[/name] - I adore [name]Edna[/name] [name]St[/name]. [name]Vincent[/name] [name]Millay[/name]. She’s one of my favorite poets too. “First [name]Fig[/name]” was one of the first poems I ever memorized as a kid. I like this as a name, though some people might think it’s weird. I also will probably name my first son Keruac, so I might not be the best person to gauge that kind of thing, haha. I would pair it with a familiar name for the middle, like [name]Millay[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Millay[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].
[name]Memphis[/name] [name]June[/name] - I like [name]Memphis[/name], but prefer it on a boy. [name]Memphis[/name] [name]June[/name] is so spunky and tomboyish (in a good way) though. I guess it depends what kind of feel your going for.
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name] - I think this name can be used despite Brangelina. In the long run they won’t matter. So if you love this name put that out of your head. That being said, I don’t really love [name]Shiloh[/name], but it’s a nice name nonetheless.
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]! Feminine and pretty. It’s sweet with [name]Julie[/name] and I love the nicknames for it.
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] - [name]Sunday[/name]'s one of my guilty pleasure names. I like it a lot but I’m not sure I could use it. My main concern is, that every week, it’d be [name]Sunday[/name]. And if my name was [name]Sunday[/name], and every 7th day had the same name as me… I don’t know, life could get complicated haha. But in all seriousness it’s a nice name, but like [name]Shiloh[/name] it carries some “celeb” connections that you can chose to ignore if you like.
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - I’ve never loved [name]Autumn[/name]. It feels a bit dated to me. Kind of 90s, I guess. I’m not sure why though, I don’t really know any Autumns. I like others on your list more.

My favorite is [name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name], though [name]Millay[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] could be really cute and a very nice homage to your favorite poet.

[name]Hi[/name] there,

I really love all of your name choices!

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]James[/name] --to me personally this sounds a bit too hillbilly
[name]Walker[/name] [name]David[/name] --I enjoy this name
[name]Callahan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]–I love this one. [name]Callahan[/name] is so strong and unique without being crazy
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]-- Not quite as fond of this one, although I like it better than [name]Beckett[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name]–I think this one is my favorite!! Right above [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Brady[/name] [name]Morris[/name]–For some reason, (and I’m so sorry if this offends) this name makes me think male cheerleader

Girls:

[name]Millay[/name] --This is a very nice name, but sounds kind of like a nn. (Is it pronounced [name]Milly[/name] or Mill AE?) Perhaps if you decide on [name]Millay[/name] as your top choice you could use a mn from your other names… [name]Millay[/name] [name]June[/name], [name]Millay[/name] [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Millay[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name] all are lovely
[name]Memphis[/name] [name]June[/name]-- This is super adorable, and would be fine for an adult name as well. [name]June[/name] is one of my [name]FAVORITE[/name] mns!
[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Suzanne[/name]-- I also really love this name. I flows so well, and seems to fit with [name]Julie[/name] well
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]- This is very adorable…maybe too adorable? You have the nn [name]Maggie[/name], but I’m not sure how an adult would feel about being named [name]Magnolia[/name]. I do love the name though.
[name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] --I [name]LOVE[/name] this … [name]Love[/name] love love…
[name]Autumn[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]-- this is a fine name, but I think it is the more boring choice of your lovely line up of female names!

My favorites overall (it’s so hard to choose!) [name]Shephard[/name] [name]Faulkner[/name], [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Sunday[/name] [name]Lucille[/name], and [name]Millay[/name] [name]June[/name]

Ok! Best of luck! Please do let us know what you decide out of such an extensively awesome list!