would love some suggestions

[name]Bluebelle[/name], I just realized that I missed your post. Sorry and thank you!!! [name]Cambrie[/name] is another great suggestion and gives me another alternative. My husband seems to nix girls names pretty easily, so I need all the ideas I can get! I have to have at least one that I like that he does not take off the list!

Also, I am glad you like Carrington and [name]Carys[/name]. I do too! Thanks!

[name]Kelly[/name], I’m so glad you’ve received so many ideas that may work for you! For some reason I just thought of [name]Paxton[/name] (I grew up with one), and thought I’d throw it out there!

I’m with everyone else on [name]Ryder[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]…my favorite by far. It has such a nice ring!
My second favorite is [name]Lachlan[/name]. I think it fits PERFECTLY with [name]McKee[/name]!

On the girl side of things I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Leighton[/name] and Carrington is my second choice :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback ricamaca! I appreciate it. Yes, I am pretty sure my husband will opt for [name]Ryder[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]. However, I have gotten so many great suggestions that I feel like I am in a good position with so many other options if he changes his mind.
I do like [name]Lachlan[/name] and [name]Leighton[/name] as well. Like I said before I just worry about the pronunciation of [name]Leighton[/name] here in the south.

My mom reminded me that we also have a family name of [name]Lodge[/name] that would be nice to include. However, with a one syllable last name, I am just not sure it works for a first or a middle name. Does anyone have any suggestions on when (or if) it ever sounds good to have a one syllable first and last name? I grew up with a 2 syl first, 3 middle and 1 last name. [name]McKee[/name] has the same. My father’s name is shortened to one syl and he has a one syl last name. It sounds good on him, but I usually do not like 1 syl. and 1 syl. My father can also use his full name which is 2 syl. for formal stuff when he needs to.
Any opinions on positioning of syllables? Does my question even make sense?