Would love some thoughts!

We’ve been trying for #4 for a while now and I have a list (just first names) for girls that I just cannot narrow down. Boys have multiple options but most likely will be [name]Cosmo[/name]. I’d love to hear thoughts on these:

[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Ottoline[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name]
Pomeline - [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Maud[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] - [name]Jemma[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name] - [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Freda[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]

Nicknames are optional where I have/them listed. Thanks!

I love [name]Cosmo[/name]!

[name]Cecily[/name]-one of my very, very faves!
[name]Ottoline[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]-love it
[name]Beatrix[/name]-love it
[name]Lucretia[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name]-love them both, especially [name]Lucy[/name]
Pomeline - [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name]-love Pomeline, don’t like [name]Poppy[/name] as much as [name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name]
[name]Maud[/name]-love it for a middle name
[name]Jemima[/name] - [name]Jemma[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name]-love it
[name]Zelda[/name]-like it, I don’t love it
[name]Winifred[/name] - [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Freda[/name]-love [name]Freda[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]-don’t love it that much, but I love [name]Edie[/name]
My favorites of your ideas are [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Ottiline[/name] nn [name]Tillie[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name] nn [name]Lucy[/name], Pomeline nn [name]Millie[/name]/[name]Polly[/name], [name]Freda[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name]. All of your names are really fascinating choices, but I am especially wild about the ones I listed. [name]Do[/name] you love [name]Imogen[/name] nn [name]Immy[/name]?

Yes, I do but can’t get him on board with [name]Imogen[/name]. So she’s not on any of my lists anymore, I had [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] feel free to swipe them both, if you’d like!
ETA:
Thanks for the thoughts on them all. [name]Beatrix[/name] is the one that’s slding off my list, slowly. I see it everywhere online and I’m afraid it’s going to jump. [name]Jemima[/name]'s a long time love and if I can get past the Siblings J & J thing, then she’s going to the top of the list. As is, [name]Zelda[/name]'s been the longest love of all. I fell in love with [name]Zelda[/name] at 2 and still love it. I see [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Williams[/name] up & coming and she makes me like [name]Zelda[/name] even more. My actual top 3 is rather [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Ottoline[/name] & [name]Lucretia[/name]. [name]Ottoline[/name]'s one that’s been on my lists for about three or four years now. I stumbled across her when [name]Josephine[/name] was about 1. Kicked myself. She’d be a perfect [name]Ottoline[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]/[name]Tillie[/name]!

So, again, [name]Susan[/name] ([name]Love[/name] your name too! Maybe I’ll end up witha granddaughter named [name]Susan[/name], one of my middles is [name]Susanne[/name]!)

I’m very green here, so you may have mentioned this before… but, what are your other dk’s names??
[name]Cecily[/name] is a bea-u-ti-ful name!!! I’ve always adored like names as [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Celeste[/name], [name]Calista[/name] (okay maybe [name]Calista[/name]'s a little different, lol)… [name]Cecily[/name] wasn’t one that had come up, but fits in so obviously I’m going to love it.

Is [name]Lola[/name] your name or the name of a dd? That’s another favorite of mine and I think [name]Cecily[/name] fits in nice and snug with [name]Lola[/name] (: It wasn’t that the others were too different either, I just had [name]Lola[/name] on the brain and they didn’t seem to really ‘fit’ as perfectly

Mom to [name]Rhys[/name], My name is [name]Lola[/name] (well, it’s [name]Laura[/name], but I’ve been nickname [name]Lola[/name] since I was 4). Funny how it’s gone from “eww, that’s what your folks call you”? To “Wow, what a great name” so recently. It’s weird hearing other people use [name]Lola[/name] the last few years. My other kids first names are [name]Leo[/name], [name]Simon[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name].

Thanks for the Kudoes for [name]Cecily[/name]. She’s being used to honor a [name]Cecilia[/name] (my Babci/Grandmother) who already has four namesakes in the family. [name]Cecily[/name] stands out a bit from the [name]Ceil[/name], [name]Celia[/name] , [name]Cecilia[/name] (x2) group. I like that.

Thanks for the thoughts, it’s lovely to get feedback! :smiley:

I love [name]Edith[/name]; it’s dainty and feminine. I also like [name]Zelda[/name], for its link to the beautiful and feisty [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Fitzgerald[/name]. [name]Maud[/name], while I wish it were ready for revival, still feels frumpy (though I’d take it as a middle).

I could really love [name]Zelda[/name] if I thought about it. I forgot to write on my earlier post that I really love [name]Jemima[/name], too. Guess I was in a hurry. These are my favorite girls’ names that sound like your taste that haven’t been mentioned. I wonder what you think of these: [name]Genevieve[/name] (no nickname that is fun : ( or is there one that you can think of?), [name]Annika[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] ( I think you told me you like that one already), [name]Anthea[/name], [name]Millicent[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name], [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] or [name]Lena[/name]. These are the names I think about when I’m falling asleep. I will have to name a future kitty one of these names. But I will probably name my future kitty [name]Francine[/name] nn [name]Francie[/name]. I love, love [name]Ottoline[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]/[name]Tillie[/name]. You are lucky that your husband likes it. My husband likes the name [name]Ann[/name].

[name]Susan[/name], what do you think of [name]Vivi[/name] for [name]Genevieve[/name]? :slight_smile:

I could really love [name]Zelda[/name] if I thought about it. I forgot to write on my earlier post that I really love [name]Jemima[/name], too. Guess I was in a hurry. These are my favorite girls’ names that sound like your taste that haven’t been mentioned. I wonder what you think of these: [name]Genevieve[/name] (no nickname that is fun : ( or is there one that you can think of?), [name]Annika[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] ( I think you told me you like that one already), [name]Anthea[/name], [name]Millicent[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name], [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] or [name]Lena[/name]. These are the names I think about when I’m falling asleep. I will have to name a future kitty one of these names. But I will probably name my future kitty [name]Francine[/name] nn [name]Francie[/name]. I love, love [name]Ottoline[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]/[name]Tillie[/name]. You are lucky that your husband likes it. My husband likes the name [name]Ann[/name].[/quote]

[name]Genevieve[/name] (no nickname that is fun : ( or is there one that you can think of?) - [name]Gennie[/name], [name]Gen[/name], [name]Neve[/name] & [name]Eve[/name]/[name]Evie[/name] are all nicknames for [name]Genevieve[/name]. My Babci’sonly sister was [name]Genevieve[/name] but she died at 2 of whooping cough. So it’s got a huge morbid thought there for me. I could never use it! But I love seeing it on other people’s kids.

[name]Annika[/name] - reminds me of the little girl in [name]Pippi[/name] Longstocking, I like it but it not with my surname.

[name]Daphne[/name] - indeed I do like [name]Daphne[/name]! She means the same as my [name]Laura[/name] and I would love to use her to honor me without matching but all I get from the other half is ‘[name]Daffy[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]’ or ‘Scooby Doo’. sigh I want [name]Josie[/name] to make friends witha little [name]Daphne[/name], so I can meet her Mom!

[name]Anthea[/name] - another favorite that he dislikes. hera and her associated names do not thrill him. I wish she’d get past him and on the list. Funny too because [name]Pandora[/name]'s there, but for his Mom.

[name]Millicent[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name] - I love [name]Millie[/name] but after being introduced to “Dark Shadows”, find [name]Millicent[/name] a bit weak. It’s weird because most people think she’s too steely! I love [name]Millie[/name] though so Pomeline is on my list!

[name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name] or [name]Lena[/name] - I prefer the Italian [name]Paolina[/name] because I don’t like “paul-eena” I prefer the way it sounds in Italian “pow-[name]LEE[/name]-nah” And [name]Lina[/name] would be my choice of nicknames. [name]Polly[/name] still feels a bit too 70 year old to me. (Maybe because My cousin [name]David[/name] is married to a [name]Polly[/name]) that and [name]Polly[/name] reminds me of poly- plastic. I have really weird associations! :slight_smile:

And don’t sell [name]Ann[/name] short. She’s powerful, feminine and kind of sweet, like [name]May[/name]. I used the family [name]Anne[/name] in [name]Josephine[/name]'s full name. :slight_smile:

Yay! Two nicknames for [name]Genevieve[/name] that I love: [name]Evie[/name] and Vivvie. Now I can be excited about that name. [name]Genevieve[/name] is the patron saint of [name]Paris[/name]. I also love [name]Vivian[/name]. I love women’s names that sound like they are in a muted pink 1940’s bathroom putting make-up on.
I love [name]Anna[/name], not [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Anne[/name] as much. love [name]Annika[/name] because of the little girl in [name]Pippi[/name] Longstocking. Also love her brother [name]Tommy[/name]. I have to admit I do name my kids after favorite characters in books.
[name]Paolina[/name] is so pretty!

Funny! I realised my boys had Pope names when they were 4. [name]Linus[/name] is the only Pope name left that intrigues me at all anymore. And while [name]Linus[/name] is our list, that would make 3 L names in one family and might be too much L for me. I like [name]Anna[/name] too, but prefer the simplicity and regal feel of [name]Anne[/name]. I don’t dislike [name]Ann[/name] either but find her a bit plain, even for me. I don’t like a whole lot of three letter names and only have one two letter name on my huge list: [name]Io[/name]. I think I’m going to go post my boys list too, just to see what people think of them!

[name]Cecily[/name]-I love this name!
[name]Ottoline[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name]-never heard of it, don’t care for it
[name]Beatrix[/name]-seems like a mistake of [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Lucretia[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name]-don’t like [name]Lucretia[/name], but I do like [name]Lucy[/name]
Pomeline - [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name]-never heard of Pomeline, kind of reminds me of Pomeranian
[name]Maud[/name]-too old lady
[name]Jemima[/name] - [name]Jemma[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name]-sounds like an old black mammy- and my grandkids call me [name]Mimi[/name], so I like that
[name]Zelda[/name]-this is one I never thought of, but kind of like…
[name]Winifred[/name] - [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Freda[/name]-I had an aunt [name]Winifred[/name] called [name]Winnie[/name], sounds old lady to me
[name]Edith[/name]-sounds old lady-ish

What about [name]Esther[/name]? Sort of like [name]Edith[/name], but for my taste anyway, it seems a bit less frumpy. Isn’t it funny how names evoke images for each of us?

My daughter is expecting her 7th in [name]August[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name] is one that I’ve been campaigning for her to use if it’s a girl!

Thanks! I hope she goes with [name]Cecily[/name], it’s a great, unused but familiar name! ETA: [name]Esther[/name]? Not my thing. I think Polyester. I’d rather [name]Hester[/name], for “the [name]Scarlet[/name] Letter”, but he hates [name]Hester[/name]. And like I said, [name]Esther[/name] makes me think of man made fabrics.

[name]Cecily[/name]- nice :slight_smile:
[name]Ottoline[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name] love nm [name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]- love!
[name]Lucretia[/name] - My friend was going to use this but shes having a boy I prefer [name]Lucia[/name]
Pomeline - [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name] I love all three nm could grow on me!
[name]Maud[/name]- I think this one is due to come back :slight_smile:
[name]Jemima[/name] - puddle duck? But not that that’s a bad thing I like it!
[name]Zelda[/name]- sabrina the teenage witch?
[name]Winifred[/name] - The witch but adore [name]Winnie[/name] as nickname
[name]Edith[/name]- very nice

Fav [name]Beatrix[/name]! Have you seen the Movie [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name]?

other suggestions

[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Myrtle[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Posy[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]/[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
Hesper
Xanthippe- just come across and I lOVE

it’s funny to see [name]Posy[/name] on there, it was my daughter [name]Josephine[/name]'s nickname when she was a baby.
[name]Florence[/name] is on my list somewhere. My Mother’s second oldest half sister was [name]Florence[/name]. If I used it, she’d be [name]Flora[/name] regulalrly. I prefer the Jul- guys names to the girls. [name]Julius[/name] & [name]Julian[/name] are both on my lists. Which rather leaves the Jul- girls out in the cold. [name]Julia[/name] in particualr will never end up on a list of mine, I prefer Joo-lee-ah and most folks around here say Jool-ya, which drives me batty.
[name]Rowan[/name]'s on my boys list! (as is [name]Rohan[/name])

Thanks for the suggestions. I really don’t need them, you should see the lists I have at my fingertips! But they’re lovely to get anyway. Never know when something new might show up. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your list!

[name]Cecily[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this name and all of her cousins (esp [name]Celia[/name])
[name]Ottoline[/name] - [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Ottilie[/name] : [name]Tillie[/name] is too cute but not too sure about the full version
[name]Beatrix[/name] :One of my absolute favorites but can’t talk the husband into it :frowning:
[name]Lucretia[/name] - [name]Lucy[/name]: [name]Lucy[/name] is getting a little popular, which I’m not sure if that is your think, but is popular for a good reason, it’s sweet.
Pomeline - [name]Poppy[/name]/[name]Milly[/name]/[name]Polly[/name] :The only thing that I can think of on poppy is that I know a [name]Poppy[/name] and while it is cute she was teased horribly about it forever in school.
[name]Maud[/name] :Not sure if I can handle this one!
[name]Jemima[/name] - [name]Jemma[/name]/[name]Mimi[/name] : I love this name so much. The nn [name]Jemma[/name] makes it even better.
[name]Zelda[/name] :how swinging 20s fitzgerald-y
[name]Winifred[/name] - [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Freda[/name]
[name]Edith[/name]

Thanks, [name]Smitty[/name]!

[name]Winifred[/name] - [name]Winnie[/name]/[name]Freda[/name] has rather replaced [name]Beatrix[/name] on my list. I know of three online and am so tired of seeing [name]Beatrix[/name] on everyone’s lists. I love it but I don’t want her to be part of “the early 21st century crowd of Beatrixes”. I’m afraid [name]Beatrix[/name] is going to jump. Does anyone else think so?

[name]Poppy[/name] here is either for Dad or for Veteran’s day, it’s not seen nor heard much. Where are you, if I may ask? I’m just west of [name]Boston[/name], MA.

[name]Zelda[/name]'s been my favorite name since I was very little. I’m not sure about sisters [name]Josephine[/name] & [name]Zelda[/name] (seems a bit lopsided to me and I’d hate for one to feel gypped: “She got the princess name”! “no, she got the funky name”! thing that my sster & I did. (in our case it was “She got the pretty classic name”. “No, she got the name you liked, I got the ‘well, we liked it name’ not cool”). But I have to admit, she’s really appealing to me. [name]Josephine[/name] & [name]Zelda[/name] sound okay to me (not great but definitely okay) and I just may move her up the list!

Okay, that was a bit ranty, my apologies! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Ottoline[/name] and Pomeline because they are darling and so unusual.

That’s my thinking too, [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Ottoline[/name] makes me swoon with possibilities and Pomeline charms me to my toes.

But then I think, maybe she’d rather something with a mainstream option, so [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Lucretia[/name], nn [name]Lucy[/name] & [name]Edith[/name], nn [name]Edie[/name] climb up the list. Sigh I am so waflly on the girls. And the fact that he’s “whatever you want” sort for them makes me waffly-er still! Really. He wanted [name]Zuleika[/name] or [name]Xanthe[/name] as a first name and when he realised neither of them really fit well with [name]Josephine[/name], he became a bit blah about the names in general. Of course, it’s looking as though there will be a #4, so he may just get kicking again! :smiley:

The [name]Poppy[/name] that I know was named for her Grandpa (Pop). She was the last girl and they figured that they wouldn’t get a chance to use his real name. We’re in [name]Colorado[/name] . . . . About [name]Zelda[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] don’t sound too off to me. They aren’t very matchy matchy but [name]Zelda[/name] is a classic (if uncommon name). Plus it is too cool! Any mn ideas yet?