Would love thoughts on these girls names:

OK name experts :slight_smile: I would love thoughts, suggestions and or ideas on these:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

To fit with : [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. (these would be the closest siblings, age wise)

[name_m]Just[/name_m] revising and seriously cutting down my oh so long list… Thanks :slight_smile:

What gorgeous names! The only ones I’m not super crazy about are [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. The rest are swoon worthy.

Thanks :slight_smile: Hubby loves [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]… I still love [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]… but now with a break in the S’s with [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I am not so sure about returning to an S name… Thoughts?

These are all great choices! As the above poster mentioned, having [name_f]Joy[/name_f] and [name_f]Hope[/name_f] as middles isn’t my favorite either, I like them both as names, but maybe just one or the other, since none of the other names have matching middles, I might personally avoid it. But if it doesn’t bother you- don’t worry about it! :slight_smile: You have amazing combos, and I would worry at all about the “s” thing.

I will categorize them into love, like, and not so great.

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:

Like:
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (nice names apart, doesn’t sound right together)
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (same as above…what about [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]?)
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] better)

Not so great:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] (you already have a [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f]. This is too close)

: )

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! My favorites, in order:

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (This was [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m]'s given name.)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise
Grace Margaret[/name_f]

*I sent you a PM, by the way. :slight_smile:

Good choices!
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - lovely. There’s a singsong vibe with [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Ella[/name_f] there, but since some of your girls have double names, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would be a cute nickname for this. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] could remove the [name_f]Anna[/name_f]-[name_f]Ella[/name_f] thing. I also don’t consider that a deal breaker since [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is in the middle.
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - [name_f]Grace[/name_f] would be great with your other names, and how could I say no to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], it’s so nice and doesn’t get used enough. I know the names mean the same thing, but [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is also nice if you’re looking for another double name. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is my favorite virtue name of those you’re considering.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - Very very pretty. I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] even more, though.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - Like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], I prefer this with the names reversed.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - I adore [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] … so, so much… but I guess with all of those other S girls I’d probably lay off of it. Although, a different [name_f]Anna[/name_f] name like [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Marianna[/name_f] might be nice.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] - Not with a [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f]. When I say the list, you have almost as many hard C going on as you do S’s ([name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]), so it might be wise to use some different sounds so its easier to help keep the names straight (or was it only my parents who never called any of us by the right name? :wink: )

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f], classic, respectable…kind of boring, but perfectly usable.

I vote for [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Beautiful and Classy. I also [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] as a first name. Something like [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] or [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] may fit nicely with your style.

I think it depends on how much you love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]. Personally, I would go non S. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. So my fav combos left are:

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. As for the S pattern it doesn’t bother me, I mean it’s already a pattern with the other girls names. So, basically, avoiding [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], which you love, doesn’t make sense in light of the fact that the S pattern exists whether you choose [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] or not. I had [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] on my list for a while then decided to splurge on unusual MNs but it is nice to see it on your list!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] - as far as [name_f]Anna[/name_f] combos go, [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is pretty great. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. I just find [name_f]Anna[/name_f] by itself rather bland (I even think simpler [name_f]Ana[/name_f] is more intriguing by itself!). I think something like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], etc., with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] being a double barrel, would be great, though.
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] - och, be still my beating heart! :slight_smile: I’ve been crushing on this myself lately, and I think I might even like it better than [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] when you were considering that! I’m not a huge [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] fan, but I love it with [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. It’s so classic and regal.
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - don’t care for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], as I might have said before, but I lovelovelove [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! If it weren’t for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would be a perfect addition to your family.
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] - I find [name_f]Hope[/name_f] a tad boring, honestly, but it does fit in pretty well with the others ([name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], [name_u]Kelsey[/name_u], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and [name_f]Hope[/name_f]. Did I miss any? :slight_smile: It’s a hobby of mine, trying to remember your children’s names, lol.), but I like most of your other options more than this, though. I think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] would be pretty, though, and would fit in really well with [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], in particular.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - Okay, so I just finished reading this book about a spunky, wears-her-heart-on-her-sleeve, kind, sweet, determined girl named [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], and I sort of am liking [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] now. I don’t like [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], mind you, just [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I love the nns [name_f]Zanna[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], and [name_f]Sosie[/name_f]. I’m not sure about [name_f]Joy[/name_f] with it–it doesn’t really do anything for me–but I do like [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] - so sweet! I really like it. I forget most Americans say [name_u]CLAIR[/name_u]-ah, because I say it the British way, CLAR-uh, and I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] are maybe not advisable, but still usable together. And [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is adorable.

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] are my favorite combos. But [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] are probably my favorite FNs. Either way, I know your style well enough that no matter what you chose, you’d have an adorably named little baby in the future. :slight_smile:

I would cross off [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] for starting with an “s” sound. They’re fine in the middle spot, but with a [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f], a [name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], and a [name_f]Serena[/name_f] back to back I think it’s time to give the initial sound a rest. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Clara[/name_f] because of [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]-[name_f]Claire[/name_f].

So I guess that leaves [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is my favorite. I could also get on board with [name_f]Hope[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].

I like these three: