Would love to hear your thoughts on...

[name]Jensen[/name] - I can see the appeal for a girl, but this is definitely masculine to me. I don’t think you would have to worry about a [name]Jenny[/name] nn if this was on your boy’s list, but if you name a daughter this she’s bound to get [name]Jen[/name]/[name]Jenny[/name]-ized.

[name]Lilou[/name] - I love it, but it does make me think of the movie 5th Element.

[name]Rigby[/name] - love it for a boy’s name.

[name]Signy[/name] - probably will be confused with [name]Sydney[/name], but I like this one regardless!

[name]Sinclair[/name] - All masculine to me.

[name]Murray[/name] - again, just can’t get with the idea of this on a girl.

[name]Arwen[/name] - love it-- beautiful name. You will always get [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings comments. For what it’s worth, she’s a positive and beautiful character in the books and movies.

[name]Tula[/name] - very cute.

[name]Milly[/name] - also cute-- goes along with [name]Tula[/name] quite nicely.

[name]Holland[/name] - I would pass this up because of the [name]Holly[/name] nn problems. Would you consider this for a boy? I think it – and [name]Jensen[/name] – would be wonderful boy’s names!

I also vote for considering [name]Elsa[/name] as a first name-- it’s gorgeous! [name]Love[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] too but it seems to be getting pretty popular.

As to your other list…

[name]Destry[/name] (g) – makes me think of Dysentery. Not sure why.

[name]Theron[/name] (g) - love it for a boy.

[name]Elliot[/name] (g) - Makes me think of the TV show Scrubs. Still, probably my favorite of your boyish girl names.

[name]Emmanuel[/name] (g) - not a fan

[name]Posey[/name] (g) - cute. Goes with [name]Tula[/name] and [name]Milly[/name].

[name]Lorcan[/name] (b) - [name]Love[/name] this!

[name]Casper[/name] (b) - Very handsome!

[name]Pippa[/name] (g) - Also goes with [name]Posey[/name], [name]Tula[/name], [name]Milly[/name].

It seems like you gravitate toward very masculine names or very cute names for girls. I would probably pick one style and stick to it. Obviously I personally prefer the cute names over masculine names, but my one concern is that they may not fit very well on grown women? [name]Just[/name] something to think about!

Overall I love your names! You are off to a great start!

I really like that, too. Now I am worried about the [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings association with [name]Arwen[/name]. Thank you! Maybe I will keep it on the list a little longer.[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Brooke[/name],
The ones I like are: [name]Lilou[/name], [name]Elsa[/name] and quite like [name]Pippa[/name]. [name]Millie[/name] is okay but much prefer [name]Millicent[/name]/ [name]Camilla[/name], etc. I’m afraid I don’t like the others as I’m not a fan of surnames/ boy’s names for girls. I know it’s fashionable on The States but I’m from the UK and it’s not so much here.
I do love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Caspar[/name] for boys (these two would also be on my short list if we had another). [name]Lorcan[/name] is okay. I quite like [name]Rigby[/name] for a boy also. [name]How[/name] about [name]Digby[/name] or [name]Dudley[/name] in the same style?[/quote]

I can’t decide how I feel about [name]Digby[/name]. Maybe if I say it a few times…I don’t know. In college, I went to school with a girl [name]Dudley[/name]. She’s the only one I have ever known so it reminds me of a hippie girl:) Thank you!

Okay. Thanks to susan, jill, twinkle, mummyto3, holden and dove I have narrowed my list down.

Girl Names
[name]Lilou[/name] - my cousin has a baby lily, is this to close?
[name]Tula[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] - thanks, jill!
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] - still not sure about this as a first name, would prefer it in the middle
[name]Posey[/name]

Boy Names
[name]Rigby[/name] - It has offically been moved to the boy list
[name]Milo[/name] - still worried about its popularity…but I love it!
[name]Tarquin[/name]
[name]Japhy[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name] - Thanks for reminding me of this twinkle! I think I took it off bc someone didn’t like it…I still do!
[name]Caspar[/name]

That’s it. Sound better?

Me again :smiley:

Girl Names
[name]Lilou[/name] - I still adore. [name]How[/name] often do you see your cousin, and how close in age will your daughters be?
[name]Tula[/name] - adorable and unusual.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - very pretty.
[name]Pippa[/name] - a very satisfying sounds, but not my favourite.
[name]Elsa[/name] - if you’re not sure about it, stick to having it as a mn.
[name]Posey[/name] - I love. I think it could be a problem if she turns out to be a tomboy, though, and may not suit a grown women as well as it does a child. Among the brilliant suggestions I received for my friend’s baby was [name]Mariposa[/name] - Spanish for ‘butterfly’. I may have already mentioned this, but I just love it!

My favourites : [name]Lilou[/name], [name]Posey[/name], [name]Tula[/name].

Boy Names
[name]Rigby[/name] - I’m just not fond of the sound if it.
[name]Milo[/name] - Not my favourite, but if it’s your absolute favourite then I wouldn’t let the popularity factor stop you.
[name]Tarquin[/name] - I love. Traditional and classic, yet unusual, I think it sounds intellectual and just a little bit cool, too.
[name]Japhy[/name] - This is really growing on me - I’d never heard of it before I saw it on your list.
[name]Lorcan[/name] - I love, love, love.
[name]Caspar[/name] - Very handsome.

My favourites : [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Caspar[/name], [name]Tarquin[/name] and [name]Japhy[/name].

Girl Names

[name]Lilou[/name] - I don’t think it’s too close to [name]Lily[/name]. I suppose if your children would be playing together everyday it might be a little confusing now and then. Definitely not a big deal in my mind.

[name]Tula[/name] - A very cute name, but I keep wanting it to stand for something longer for her to grow into. I’m not a fan of [name]Tallulah[/name] though… maybe just a name that starts with T? [name]Talia[/name]?

[name]Aurelia[/name] - this name is so elegant, love it! Great meaning too. However it seems pretty girly for your tastes (so far as I can tell) so it fells a little out of place.

[name]Pippa[/name] - This name is growing on me. Again, though, I’m wishing there was a longer name behind it. [name]Phillipa[/name] perhaps?

[name]Elsa[/name] - Go ahead and take it off your list if you aren’t feeling it as a first name.

[name]Posey[/name] - Anything more formal that could lend itself to this as a nn? As suggested earlier, [name]Mariposa[/name] is definitely pretty.

My favorite: [name]Lilou[/name]

Boy Names

[name]Rigby[/name] - Does make me think of [name]Rugby[/name] but I really like the feel of it! Rugged and masculine but refined.

[name]Milo[/name] - Great name! Feels energetic and bright. Goes great with your shorter girl’s names too. If you love it, don’t worry about popularity too much.

[name]Tarquin[/name] - very striking. Makes me think of kings or royalty of some sort. To me it sounds more formal than most of your other names. Would go well with [name]Aurelia[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Japhy[/name] - Reminds me of [name]Raffi[/name], the kid’s singer. Goes well with [name]Milo[/name] and the shorter girl’s names. Again, might not fit an adult as well as a child.

[name]Lorcan[/name] - I don’t know why I love this but I do. It’s just manly and stout. Again, sounds more formal to me than the others.

[name]Caspar[/name] - I think it’s great – especially if you were drawn to [name]Jasper[/name] but nixed it because of Twilight. Works with the formal names and less formal names.

My favorite: [name]Milo[/name]

A side note: I wouldn’t use both [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Lilou[/name] on siblings-- too similar sounding to my ears. Same goes for [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Tarquin[/name].

If you were going for a more formal feel with your names, then I would choose [name]Aurelia[/name], and [name]Lorcan[/name] or [name]Tarquin[/name].

Girl Names
[name]Lilou[/name] - my cousin has a baby lily, is this to close? Depends on how close you are.
[name]Tula[/name] - love it!
[name]Aurelia[/name] - thanks, jill! The reason I am a bit wary of this name is it makes me think of the word areola (sp?).
[name]Pippa[/name] - love, and love [name]Philippa[/name].
[name]Elsa[/name] - still not sure about this as a first name, would prefer it in the middle - I love [name]Elise[/name].
[name]Posey[/name] - love as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name], but you don’t like [name]Josephine[/name], right?

Boy Names
[name]Rigby[/name] - It has offically been moved to the boy list
[name]Milo[/name] - still worried about its popularity…but I love it! - This is my fave on the boys’ list.
[name]Tarquin[/name] - handsome!
[name]Japhy[/name] - Would like more as a nn for [name]Japheth[/name]. I don’t agree with the Nameberry assessment of [name]Japheth[/name]. I like it.
[name]Lorcan[/name] - Thanks for reminding me of this twinkle! I think I took it off bc someone didn’t like it…I still do! - Yeah, this is handsome and unusual.
[name]Caspar[/name] - I love [name]Caspar[/name], but do you think the people in your area are ready for [name]Caspar[/name]?

Girl Names

[name]Lilou[/name] - I love this, but it sounds like a nickname to me.
[name]Tula[/name] - Not my style.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - OK
[name]Pippa[/name] - Cute
[name]Elsa[/name] - OK
[name]Posey[/name]: This is cute, but also sounds like a nn to me.

Boy Names
[name]Rigby[/name] - This would be adorable on a boy. [name]Love[/name] it.
[name]Milo[/name] - Really like [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Tarquin[/name]: OK
[name]Japhy[/name]: Not my style
[name]Lorcan[/name] - Not my style
[name]Caspar[/name] - Cute, but would worry about association with The Friendly Ghost

Good luck!

Girl Names
[name]Lilou[/name]: I think this is great! :slight_smile:

[name]Tula[/name]: [name]Love[/name] it, too!

[name]Aurelia[/name]: You’re welcome. :slight_smile: I love this name, and if you’d like a more masculine nickname, you could always go with [name]Ray[/name]/[name]Rae[/name].

[name]Pippa[/name]: I think this is really cute, too. I’m wondering if you’ve considered the more formal [name]Philippa[/name] (nn [name]Pippa[/name]) as [name]Pippa[/name] source…

[name]Elsa[/name]: I really love [name]Elsa[/name]!

Boy Names
[name]Rigby[/name]: This is growing on me, and it sounds pretty masculine to me beause of the “rig” sound. I picture an athletic boy with this name. :slight_smile:

[name]Milo[/name]: I love it, too! If you’re concerned about it’s popularity, I should probably mention [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name], and the new batches of little Mileys being named every day.

[name]Tarquin[/name]: I’m still not sure about this name, but you love it, which is what matters!

[name]Japhy[/name]: I keep thinking of [name]Daffy[/name], but I’m going to try to let this one grow on me!

[name]Lorcan[/name]: I do think [name]Lorcan[/name] is really cool, but I’m wondering if kids will hear the “Lorc” sound and figure out that it rhymes with “Dork.” Hmm…

[name]Caspar[/name]: I like [name]Caspar[/name] (and [name]Caspian[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Cassius[/name])!

From your girls’ list, my favorites are [name]Lilou[/name] (how are you pronouncing this?), [name]Tula[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], and [name]Elsa[/name], and from your boys’ list, I really love [name]Rigby[/name], [name]Caspar[/name], and [name]Milo[/name].

[name]Just[/name] for fun, here are some more names you may like (or hate) :slight_smile: :

[name]Cashel[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]

Continued good wishes! :slight_smile:

We only see her two or three times a year and she is about three years old. Too close?

Nope, I definitely don’t think it’s too close! :slight_smile:

I completely agree with your side note. I have thought about that and think I like [name]Lilou[/name] better than [name]Milo[/name]. Between [name]Lorcan[/name] and [name]Tarquin[/name]…can’t decide, yet. The nn Tarkie for [name]Tarquin[/name] is so cute to me, though. So far, I haven’t been able to think of good nn for [name]Lorcan[/name]. Although, I don’t have to have a nn or a longer name for a nn that I like. [name]Mariposa[/name] is pretty, though. I was also thinking [name]Aurelia[/name] may been to pretty for me. [name]Aurelia[/name] and [name]Mariposa[/name] would be good sibling names:) If I wanted to go all out pretty, which so isn’t me. Thank you!

[name]Josephine[/name] is a beautiful name…just not really my style. I love the vintage names like [name]Beatrix[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name]…just not that brave. [name]Josephine[/name] sort of falls in with those for me. And I have a cousin names [name]Elise[/name] so I could never use that name. Ya know, I haven’t really thought about [name]Caspar[/name] and the area as much as whether my dh is ready for it. ha We shall see:)

Thank you, as always!

brooke79,
Are any of your [name]Barlow[/name] relatives from southwestern VA? If so, we may share family. Please respond here.

Not that I know of. Maybe distant relatives since it’s not that common of a name.