would the spelling be butchered?

I saw another persons post about the name [name_m]DeAngelo[/name_m]. I really like that name but would any name that has a capital letter in the middle of the name be written lower case on official documents? Like for example would [name_u]DeAndre[/name_u] be spelt [name_u]Deandre[/name_u] and [name_m]DeAngelo[/name_m] spelt [name_m]Deangelo[/name_m]?

Not 100% sure, but that’s how it would appear on the SSA list if you’re in [name_u]America[/name_u], so it’s likely that wouldn’t be the only place it would happen.

Does it matter? Its the same spelling, just a different case letter, thats all.

Probably, but I don’t think it really matters. My surname, for example is actually spelled Macfar****, but because it is normally spelled MacFar****, people often write it as the second version, but it doesn’t matter, because even in official documents, its recognised as the same name.

I know its the same spelling but it looks totally different. To look at [name_u]Deandre[/name_u] reminds me of [name_f]Deirdre[/name_f] and [name_m]Deangelo[/name_m] makes me think [name_u]Dean[/name_u]-gelo.

My friend has a name with the capital letter in the middle, and I’m pretty sure they separated the name ([name_f]Mary[/name_f] **** instead of [name_f]Mary[/name_f]***) on her license.