Would this be a lock?

So I’m currently flirting with the idea of just [name_f]Tori[/name_f] - not [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. However I know [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] is still quite popular and I don’t dislike [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] but I do massively dislike [name_f]Vicky[/name_f]. Would it be inevitable that [name_f]Tori[/name_f] would be linked to [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Vicky[/name_f]?

Some people might associate it with [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and assume it’s a nickname, but if it’s always written as [name_f]Tori[/name_f] and she introduces herself as that, i think that’s what people would call her

1 Like

I like [name_f]Tori[/name_f] too! There were a couple at school and they were always feisty and fun.

It is linked to [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] but I don’t see an issue if that isn’t her name. I can imagine a [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] being called [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] rather than her preferred nickname of [name_f]Tori[/name_f], but not a “just” [name_f]Tori[/name_f] being called [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], that doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I think she might occasionally have people ask her if her full name is [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], but with the rising popularity of nicknames on the birth certificate I don’t think it would be a big deal. I can’t see [name_f]Tori[/name_f] being linked to [name_f]Vicky[/name_f] at all.

Honestly, I naturally assume that every Tori I meet is actually a Victoria because that is usually the case. So, yes, I think they are strongly linked. But Tori does not make me think of Vicky, even when it is short for Victoria, and I also think that Tori can stand on its own if you want it to! I know a girl who is just “Abby”, and, though I was surprised she wasn’t an Abigail, it works fine, and I think Tori could, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In high school, I had a dear friend named [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (who we called [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], but who only went by her full name at school) and a classmate named [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. [name_f]Tori[/name_f] was in the same classes as [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and I for years. It took me three years to realize that my friend and this classmate had the same full name. :rofl: So no, since they sound so different, I don’t find them too linked!!