Would this bother you

So for example you named your kids - Margot,Delilah,Maisie and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]. Would the 2 M names bother you? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is it fine . Like if i did 2 with E names and 1 with N name? If this makes sense

No, it wouldn’t bother me. If I was to have four kids, two would have S names :person_shrugging: Not really a pattern, but names I liked best

1 Like

Its fine

1 Like

definitely not! it might be a little more noticeable with three kids instead of four, but still absolutely fine

1 Like

Not at all.

1 Like

No it wouldn’t bother me!

1 Like

I think it’s fine.

1 Like

I think that’s absolutely fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s great!

1 Like

It’d bother me personally, but I don’t mind it in the least for somebody else.

3 Likes

I personally prefer for my kids not to share first initials. However, if at birth I knew the baby was supposed to be a name that shared the same initial as another of my kids’ names, I would use the name that felt right.

1 Like

It would bother me but I have OCD!

PS I should clarify. It would bug me if they were my kids, but not if they were someone else’s.

1 Like

Nope, it wouldn’t bother me at all! I think it would only be strange if it was like 3 of the same letter and 1 that wasn’t.

Me personally:

For my kids, I do plan on purposefully keeping my the initials different for my 1st and 2nd just so people don’t think we’re doing the matching thing while we have just our first two kids. So for example, instead of Claire then Carter, we’d do something Claire, then Amos, THEN Carter just to avoid the appearance of it being a match, holding off on Carter for a second boy. But I wouldn’t even mind it if we ended up only having 3 kids, and 2/3 had the same initial. I definitely wouldn’t mind if 2/4 had the same initial.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] nieces and nephews initials are S, L, A, A, G, and A by order of birth. S and the 3 As are the girls. It’s not a big deal. They just chose what they liked. But again, I prefer not to repeat initials in my own family. It just doesn’t bother me when other people do it.

1 Like

I think it’s totally fine! Might get a bit confusing, especially if they have the same middle initial too, but overall I think it’s ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have a rational explanation and smart people with some sense should ignore me, but it does bother me. [name_f]My[/name_f] eye is drawn to patterns and repetition, but if there is no pattern and things (like initials) just repeat randomly, it makes me wonder “but… why?”

1 Like

Definitely not

1 Like

I think it’s okay and not very noticeable with 4+ kids, but it’d be much more noticeable with 3. I love two A names but I only want 3 kids so I likely wouldn’t use both A names. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a personal preference :smiling_face:

1 Like

Not at all!

1 Like

The only problem here is [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] are the same name. Barring that, no it’s fine.

2 Likes