Would this sib set “disappoint” you?

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] #3 coming! (Team green)

We have a [name_m]Roland[/name_m] (we call him “Rollie,” pronounced like “Ollie” 90% of the time.

We also have a [name_m]Linus[/name_m], who usually is [name_m]Linus[/name_m] but sometimes Liney or [name_m]Lino[/name_m].

I feel so much pressure to come up with a boys name that “lives up” to the big brothers (not common, older, recognizable) but nothing is really wow-ing me. I feel like I spend allll day on these forums and NB searching and I’m just exhausted! I’m sick of being a namenerd :joy:

One name I do really love is [name_m]Natty[/name_m]. But I don’t think I’d use it on its own. [name_u]Nat[/name_u] is ok. [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is really growing on me and I’ve been thinking about it a lot but… it just doesn’t really go with the other boys. But [name_m]Rollie[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and [name_m]Natty[/name_m] is so cute to me! :pleading_face::heartpulse:

Be honest with me!! Does this name sort of bore you ? I’m gonna put our current shortlist below + I’ll take any opinions.

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “Natty”
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]
Dierks [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]

Ps just for fun: our girl name picked out is [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Not disappointing at all. I like all three together.

3 Likes

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] would absolutely not disappoint me! (And I would have high expectations for someone with a [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and Linus.) I do think I would expect something more like [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], but [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is a great name. [name_m]Rollie[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and [name_m]Natty[/name_m] is adorable.
Tbh, it wouldn’t really matter if I was disappointed as long as you weren’t. [name_m]Feel[/name_m] confident in your taste even if it changes!

2 Likes

THANK YOU BOTH!! Aw my heart :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Oh but [name_m]Roland[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], “Natty” – be still, my heart…

100% honest, as a namenerd on a naming forum, yes, I would find [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] slightly disappointing as a follow-up. But in real life, I wouldn’t feel that way and would honestly think that [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] kept the whole sibset from being weighed down too much.

Whatever feels right to you will be great. [name_m]Natty[/name_m] is adorable. And [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] is perfect!!!

7 Likes

THANK YOU!!! And what a cute suggestion :pleading_face::heartpulse: i just don’t think that “big” of a name fits our family in real life if that makes sense :grin:

But seriously your comment totally helps!!! Name forums and real life naming are two totally different games :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m also team green with #3 and have 2 boys so far. The funny thing is that I chopped [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], “Iggy/Ike” a while back from my own list because it felt like the “disappointing” follow-up option that doesn’t quite “live up” to the brothers’ names. These things are totally relative…

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to be of help, though. I’m excited to see what you go with when the time comes.

1 Like

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] does not disappoint me at all next to [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Rollie[/name_m] ! I feel like [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] is actually the more expected choice

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] reminds me of [name_u]Nat[/name_u] [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] , and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], so I feel it fits with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m]

I can see you with an [name_u]Urban[/name_u] or [name_m]Watson[/name_m] too !

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]!

1 Like

If it was [name_m]Roland[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and [name_m]Nathan[/name_m], I’d be a little disappointed. [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] is a fine name, but I know quite a few and find it a bit “vanilla.” [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m], not so much. As others have said, I might expect something more like [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], but I prefer [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] to [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is quite distinguished, standing up to [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m].

3 Likes

I think [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] works just fine! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Natty[/name_m] with your older boys’ names! :heartbeat: From your shortlist, I also like [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] with your older boys! Also - [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] is so sweet!

1 Like

Not all all disappointing! [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] is one of my favourite boy names — classic and stately, but approachable and never overused. [name_u]Nat[/name_u] is my favourite nickname for it so naturally, I’m loving [name_m]Natty[/name_m] in your set!

I also like [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] for you, but Dierks is not appealing to me and sounds much more like a wildcard than [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “Natty”.

[name_m]Orson[/name_m] and [name_m]Elwood[/name_m] also sprang to mind. Maybe nicknamed Ozzy/Sonny and [name_m]Woody[/name_m]?

2 Likes

I actually love [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] with your boy names
Btw [name_f]Trudy[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is adorable

1 Like

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! So helpful! I feel so much better now moving forward with deciding!!!

[name_m]Watson[/name_m] nn “Watty” and [name_m]Elwood[/name_m] nn “Woody” are amazing suggestions!!! [name_m]Woody[/name_m] is actually one of my favorite names too :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

[name_m]Roland[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] all have the same feel to me! I think [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] “Natty” is a great option for you :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!!:heart:

I like both [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] and [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] for this sibset!

1 Like

Thank you!! We will have to see what he looks like when he comes out! :joy:

1 Like

I’m not normally a [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] fan, but with your other boys’ names it sounds great! It makes it more whimsical almost.

2 Likes

I’m crying :sob::two_hearts: thank you!! I was kinda getting that vibe too!! I’m starting to love it SO much!

2 Likes