Would this sibset be completely mismatched?

I also posted this in “Names you are considering” section, so feel free to reply in either spot…

Would these two names be really strange as a sibset?

[name]Greta[/name] and [name]Jane[/name]

???

I love a good sibset, but I am not sure we are in [name]LOVE[/name] with [name]Annika[/name], [name]Ingrid[/name] or [name]Elsa[/name] (our top 3 “Scandinavian or [name]German[/name] influenced names”, which I also think sound great with [name]Greta[/name]).

We both love [name]Jane[/name], but I am not crazy how it sounds with [name]Greta[/name] (her full name is [name]Greta[/name], not [name]Margaret[/name]…which I am starting to regret because [name]Margaret[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] would work!)

We are also considering naming her [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and calling her [name]Jane[/name]/[name]Janey[/name] as a nickname. [name]Do[/name] you think that could work? Or there is [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name], although I don’t think the flow is nearly as nice. I have been obsessing so much over names for the past week, I am starting to wonder if I am thinking straight :?

Thank you again for your opinions and feedback…I promise that soon enough I won’t be posting so much for help! :smiley:

I really like [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. It sounds beautiful & goes so well with [name]Greta[/name], [name]IMO[/name]!!
Best,
L.

I like [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] together! I like the idea of [name]Jane[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name], or even [name]Jane[/name] [name]Annika[/name]. That way, each daughter has a [name]German[/name] name in her name.

I think you should use [name]Jane[/name] if both you and DH love it. The “sibset” isn’t as important. I think [name]Greta[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] sound fine together, certainly not jarring or obviously mismatched.

You do not need to have a theme. [name]Just[/name] names you like and want to bestow on someone.
That said, I do not a [name]Grethe[/name] and she has sisters [name]Brigitte[/name] and [name]Eva[/name]. I think all their names sound great together!

[name]Greta[/name] & [name]Jane[/name] sound totally British together to my ears–I like it!

Of course it wouldn’t! You should pick the name you love the most, not someone who happens to go with a theme (it is just a bonus if it does ; )). Your daughter would most certainly like to have the name you love the most!

Best of luck! : )

Thanks for all of your feedback! I am sold on the idea of pairing them together, but my husband is still iffy. He thinks if we named her [name]Jane[/name], she might someday feel cheated she didn’t get a more ‘exciting’ name like [name]Greta[/name] (I don’t think [name]Greta[/name] is a super spunky/fun name or anything, but it isn’t as classic and simple as [name]Jane[/name] is). I can see his reasoning, but I still think it shouldn’t be a huge factor in our decision.