Would this work? Thoughts?

I am currently thinking of using the name [name_f]Avril[/name_f]/Avrelle. A user on here suggested using [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f] as nicknames. I love those names so much. I was also wondering, however, if [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would be a valid nickname for [name_f]Avril[/name_f]/Avrelle. If you have any more ideas for nicknames, feel free to leave them in a reply to this thread. Thanks!

I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would work fine. Nicknames can come from anywhere and be just about anything. If that is what you want to shorten it to, then I say do it. I much prefer [name_f]Liv[/name_f] to [name_f]Elle[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f]… [name_f]Liv[/name_f] has more uniqueness and spunk to it, like [name_f]Avril[/name_f].

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] might be a little bit of a stretch, but this is definitely a tough name for nicknames… maybe [name_u]Avi[/name_u] or [name_f]Rilla[/name_f]?

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] might be a stretch with Avrelle, but with [name_f]Avril[/name_f] it might work. However with [name_f]Avril[/name_f], the nicknames [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] may be too much of a stretch instead.

P.S. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you liked the nicknames! :slight_smile:

Thank you for all your opinions! I know [name_f]Liv[/name_f] may look like a stretch if you look at both names. However if you say both names, it sounds kind of good. I like [name_f]Elle[/name_f] and [name_f]Vera[/name_f] too, and I would gladly use either of them.

It could work, but why shorten the beautiful [name_u]Averil[/name_u]???

I really love the name [name_u]Averil[/name_u], and prefer that spelling. I know you aren’t asking about spelling :wink: but I much prefer [name_f]Avril[/name_f] or [name_u]Averil[/name_u] to Avrelle. As to nicknames, [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] are very nice.

Spelling wise, I will most likely go with [name_f]Avril[/name_f]. That is my favorite spelling of the name, and if I do end up calling her [name_f]Liv[/name_f], that’s the most practical I feel.

I love the name [name_f]Avril[/name_f] and it really is a beautiful name. The only thing is I want a nickname for it. A nickname that makes sense. Something she can use throughout her life. Thanks for all your views. Sorry for the double post.