Would you ever use a cousin's name? Even if you were not close?

Yeah. Wouldn’t think twice about it, uncless it were something really unique

1 Like

In my family there are two cousins named [name_f]Nadia[/name_f], one lives in [name_u]California[/name_u] and the other in [name_f]Canada[/name_f]. They’ve always been fine with it. Sometimes we have to clarify which one we’re talking about but it’s not a big deal. So I don’t think it’d be very weird to use [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], especially since it’s a middle name and you’re not very close anyways.

1 Like

Not a big problem since [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is a common name and it would be a middle.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a problem in your case because [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is not an uncommon name, and you aren’t close. Plus, having it in the middle spot means family members won’t have to ask “which [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]?”.

1 Like

The names I have chosen for my last baby have already been used by cousins of mine. We’re not close, we never talk really beyond the odd pleasantry, and I’ve never met their children (and they haven’t met mine). I feel it’s fine to use them, there are a lot of repeating names in my family anyway, so I don’t really see it as an issue unless maybe the name is really, really rare. If I love the name, and they love the name, and we both use it, we both have exquisite taste imo :rofl:

2 Likes

I think it’s fine! I had [name_f]April[/name_f] on my list for awhile, and I barely know my cousin [name_f]April[/name_f]!

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t be weird because it’s a middle.

2 Likes

As a middle I think its fine, I may reconsider if it was a first.

I have a cousin who has a child named [name_m]Jason[/name_m], my other cousin 11 months later named her son [name_m]Jason[/name_m]. It was always super confusing trying to figure out who was who in conversation. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother really struggled with it as she has 2 great grandchildren who she saw on a regular basis named [name_m]Jason[/name_m] and was often confused about it. We ended up having to call them by their first and middle name at events. I think it would be different if they were more distant or didn’t see each other on a regular basis.

1 Like

As a middle name, I think it’s fine.

1 Like

I’d go for it - I have a cousin called [name_m]William[/name_m] who I’m quite close with and have no issues with potentially using his name one day. In my family it’s very common to repeat names though and it’s not really something we think is strange as we have a strong honour system going on.

1 Like

Would I do it personally? No. Do I think it’s weird? Tell that to my plethora of relatives who have some form of John, William, Richard, or James in their name. Lol but in all seriousness, you’re fine, the only reason not to do it is if it bothers you too much personally.

1 Like