Would you ever?

Would you ever use or at least strongly consider using the name [name]Hawthorne[/name] for a boy? I’ve loved the name ever since I knew a girl at my highschool with the name. Although I do think it sounds better for a boy :slight_smile:

What do you think?

Nope, sorry.

I actually was thinking of this name earlier and really like it.

I think it’s cool! Maybe instead of asking “Would you use this?” you should ask “Would you think it was weird if someone else used this?” That is because there are few names I would use myself – but only a handful I think are too weird for anyone to use!

I know a [name]Hawthorne[/name]. He’s almost 4 now. His full name is [name]Hawthorne[/name] [name]Laird[/name]…I kid you not. His mother’s name is [name]Briar[/name] and she wanted something similar in theme to her own.

Not sure if I’d dare use it, but if I ever met someone called [name]Hawthorne[/name] I would probably hug them. Amazing name, reminds me of some windswept gothic prince :smiley:

I personally wouldn’t use it, but I would be tickled pink if I met someone- the younger the better!- with this name :wink:

It is cute & definitely a boy name

I know a little boy (about 2 years) named [name]Hawthorne[/name]. They call him [name]Hawk[/name]. It is an awesome name! [name]Unique[/name] while still feeling classic. I love it.

Why not?
I like it for a boy better ([name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] though of course there were females in his family!)
[name]How[/name] about Hathaway for a girl? I babysat one in the late 80s and always thought it was such a cool name.

Oh, I love it! I actually can’t even picture it on a girl. I think it is a great name, I would totally use it (not sure if my DH would agree, though)

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hawthorne[/name] on a boy…probably because of the nick name [name]Hawk[/name] which is amazing!!! Go for it!

That is too funny. My DH just suggested that the other night, I think because he’s been reading [name]Hawthorne[/name]. I think it is an awesome name, not sure I’m putting it on my short list, but it is definitely intriguing.