Would you intuitively shorten Amelia?

I don’t think it’s long enough to intuitively shorten. Maybe [name_f]Lia[/name_f] or [name_f]Melia[/name_f]

I don’t think it would be intuitive to shorten it, but if I had to I’d say [name_f]Mia[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], or [name_f]Mila[/name_f]!

[name_f]Millie[/name_f] :heart:

[name_f]My[/name_f] Aunt [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] was always called [name_f]Molly[/name_f],

I’m an [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] who’s always been called [name_f]Millie[/name_f], and I know quite a few Amelias in my age-group and a large portion go primarily by [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. I haven’t actually seen an [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] go by a nickname other than [name_f]Millie[/name_f].

I do think nicknames for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are avoidable, since all the Millies I know introduce themselves that way — I wouldn’t think to call someone [name_f]Millie[/name_f] if they introduced themselves as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

i wouldn’t automatically shorten it, but the first nickname i think of and associate w [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is [name_f]Mia[/name_f]. I know three Amelias and two of them go by [name_f]Mia[/name_f] (the other is just Amelia).

I wouldn’t automatically shorten [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], it’s perfect as a full name with no nickname. If I had to choose a nickname, I would go with [name_f]Milly[/name_f].